Kamei Katsuichiro Birthplace MemorialCurrently Open
- Address: 16 Motomachi, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaido 040-0054, Japan Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Memorial, Family And Kids
Katsuichiro Kamei was born in Hakodate in 1907 and was an honoured Japanese literary critic, thinker, and writer. He won many prestigious awards including Shinzaburo Iketani Prize in 1938 and Yomiuri Prize in 1950. He was considered to be the best representative of the Japanese Romantic School and shaped the literary history of the country. Some of his most loved works include Shimazaki Toson, Nihonjin no shi and Hyakuzo Kurata hoyden.
To remember his contribution and achievement in the literary field, the Kamei Katsuichiro Birthplace Memorial was built in Aoyagicho, Hakodate. The monument has the writer’s own words inscribed on it “Life has chances to encounter, open one’s eyes, then close them again” and makes for an interesting find during your walks through the city.
How to Reach Kamei Katsuichiro Birthplace Memorial
- By Bus: Hakodate Park Bus Stop, Hakodate Park (bus)
- By Light Rail: Horaicho Station Baba Town Station
- By taking a Street Car.
- By renting a Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hakodate before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hakodate and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Kamei Katsuichiro Birthplace Memorial Address: 16 Motomachi, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaido 040-0054, Japan
- Kamei Katsuichiro Birthplace Memorial Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Kamei Katsuichiro Birthplace Memorial(preferred time): 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Kamei Katsuichiro Birthplace Memorial: 00:20 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!