Omori Inari ShrineCurrently Open
- Address: 22-6 Omoricho, Hakodate 040-0034, Hokkaido, Japan Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +81-138222637
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Landmark, Family And Kids
The Omori Inari shrine was founded in 1669 and was moved to its current location after the fire of 1907. Today, its classic red Torii gate welcomes you at the entrance while its minimal yet beautiful design remains of the Agaru statue and spiritual ambiance makes it apt for a quick stop during your stay in the city. There used to be statues of foxes and lions placed behind the gate that would lead up to the vermillion coloured shrine. Today, even though only the gate and the main shrine remains, a walk here is rather surreal. You can hardly believe the place is 350 years old!
The shrine is most popular for hosting the Matsumae Kagura festival.
How to Reach Omori Inari Shrine
- By Bus: Omoriinarimae Bus Stop Omori Inari Shima (bus)
- By Light Rail: Matsukazecho Station
- By taking a Street Car.
- By renting a Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hakodate before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hakodate and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Omori Inari Shrine Address: 22-6 Omoricho, Hakodate 040-0034, Hokkaido, Japan
- Omori Inari Shrine Contact Number: +81-138222637
- Omori Inari Shrine Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Omori Inari Shrine(preferred time): 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Omori Inari Shrine: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!