Poem Monument Of Yosano Tekkan And AkikoCurrently Open
- Address: 〒040-0045, 15-23 Sumiyoshicho, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaidō 040-0045, Japan Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:40 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Monument, Family And Kids
Built onto a rock outcrop overlooking the Bay, the Tanka Monument of Yosa Monumentroshi and Akiko is by far one of the most unique monuments around the city. Akiko Yosano (real name Sho Ho) was born in 1878 and was a renowned poet, author, and a feminist at heart. For a woman of that time (during the Meiji period and even Showa period) to stand with a strong point of view, was a brave step. Akiko Yosano carved out a rather unique place for herself in the history of Hakodate through her art and feminist outlook.
Some of her best works include Kimi Shinitamou koto nakare (thou shalt not die) which was later turned into a song and used as an anthem for anti-war protest during the Russo-Japanese War. The monument, built in 1957, remembers her work even today and has her own poems inscribed in the rock. The view of the bay from here adds to the experience and also makes it an ideal photography spot.
How to Reach Poem Monument Of Yosano Tekkan And Akiko
- By taking a Street Car.
- By renting a Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hakodate before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hakodate and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Poem Monument Of Yosano Tekkan And Akiko Address: 〒040-0045, 15-23 Sumiyoshicho, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaidō 040-0045, Japan
- Poem Monument Of Yosano Tekkan And Akiko Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Poem Monument Of Yosano Tekkan And Akiko(preferred time): 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Poem Monument Of Yosano Tekkan And Akiko: 00:40 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!