- Address: Soshato, Suehirocho, Hakodate, Hokkaido, Japan
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:10 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Tower
Soshato - Review
Dating back to 1939, the Soshato is one of the 6 switch towers that were used to manually switch the tracks of moving trolleys and to change the traffic signal for street cars as well. The 5.4-meter high tower is the oldest in the city and has a control room that is 1.9 meters in diameter.
Today, even though the small cylindrical structure has nothing much to see, it does relive the simpler times and is in quiet a juxtaposed ambience (right in the middle of urban Hakodate). However, if you like unique things, a visit here is apt for a quick photo!
How To reach Soshato by Public Transport
- Bus stop: Jujigai Bus Stop Cross street (bus)
- Light Rail stop: Jujigai Station Cross street
- By taking a Street Car.
- By renting a Bike.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hakodate before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hakodate and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Soshato
1.82% of people who visit Hakodate include Soshato in their plan
95% of people start their Soshato visit around 6 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Soshato
95% of people prefer to travel by train while visiting Soshato
Soshato, Hakodate Reviews
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Cathedral & Chapels
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames