Hakone RopewayCurrently Closed
- Address: 〒250-0631 Kanagawa-ken, Ashigarashimo-gun, Hakone-machi, Sengokuhara, Japan
- Timings: 08:45 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +81-0465322205
- Ticket Price: 840 JPY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mountain, View Point, Family And Kids, Ropeways
Starting from Sounzan station, all the way to Togendai, with Mount Fuji in the backdrop, this ride is nothing short of spectacular. The view from the top has a sheet of sparkling water in Lake Ashi and the formidable beauty of the steaming Owakudani, showing you two very different sides on nature staying in complete harmony. The panoramic view of Mount Fuji is just the cherry of this very stunning cake of nature. This 30 minute journey down the mountain will surely be memorable for you.
- Passengers are permitted to alight at intermediate stations during the trip. However, passengers should purchase a ticket to their final destination.
- The given price is for a one-way trip from Sounzan to Owakudani.
- For more prices, kindly refer to official website.
- The Odakayu Hakone Free Pass can be used on the entire Hakone Ropeway route.
- Gondolas depart at approximately one-minute intervals.
- Hakone Museum of Art Bus Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hakone before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hakone and book an accommodation of your choice.
76.92% of people who visit Hakone include Hakone Ropeway in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
30.92% of people start their Hakone Ropeway visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Hakone Ropeway
93.68% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hakone Ropeway
famous for its BLACK EGGS.a local specialty of eggs hard-boiled in the hot springs.The eggs turn black and smell slightly sulphuric; make sure to eat one as it is said that eating one adds seven years to your life
What you see is really depends on local weather. Please check the Hakone observatory report before you get to there. There are two souvenirs shop nearby, one in Owakudani Station, another one is just next to the station, don’t miss it.
Do not miss riding the Ropeway to Owakudani Station. The views of the sulphur mines and mt Fuji are simply breathtaking. If you drive up to the station you will miss these views. Get your camera and video ready for a good photo taking opportunity! Even though there is a queue, the Ropeway cars are plentiful and the queue moves fast. We rode it up and down. Sunset view is even more spectacular
Nature is awesome
What a hugh nature volcanic environment.