Hakone Ropeway, HakoneCurrently Open
- Address: 〒250-0631 Kanagawa-ken, Ashigarashimo-gun, Hakone-machi, Sengokuhara, Japan
- Timings: 08:45 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +81-0465322205
- Ticket Price: 840 JPY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mountain, View Point, Family And Kids, Ropeways
About Hakone Ropeway, Hakone
Starting from Sounzan station, all the way to Togendai, with Mount Fuji in the backdrop, this ride is nothing short of spectacular. The view from the top has a sheet of sparkling water in Lake Ashi and the formidable beauty of the steaming Owakudani, showing you two very different sides on nature staying in complete harmony. The panoramic view of Mount Fuji is just the cherry of this very stunning cake of nature. This 30 minute journey down the mountain will surely be memorable for you.
Hakone Ropeway Information
- Passengers are permitted to alight at intermediate stations during the trip. However, passengers should purchase a ticket to their final destination.
Hakone Ropeway Ticket Prices
- The given price is for a one-way trip from Sounzan to Owakudani.
- For more prices, kindly refer to official website.
- The Odakayu Hakone Free Pass can be used on the entire Hakone Ropeway route.
Hakone Ropeway Opening and Closing Hours
- Gondolas depart at approximately one-minute intervals.
How To reach Hakone Ropeway by Public Transport
- Hakone Museum of Art Bus Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hakone before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hakone and book an accommodation of your choice.
Hakone Ropeway, Hakone Reviews
Do not miss riding the Ropeway to Owakudani Station. The views of the sulphur mines and mt Fuji are simply breathtaking. If you drive up to the station you will miss these views. Get your camera and video ready for a good photo taking opportunity! Even though there is a queue, the Ropeway cars are plentiful and the queue moves fast. We rode it up and down. Sunset view is even more spectacular
Awesome place. Anybody visiting Tokyo, suggest to include Hakone as place-not-to-miss. One can take a bullet train from Tokyo central station, change at odowara station to proceed to Sounzan station and from there take the cable car to sulpher fuming mountain ranges. Suggest starting as early as 7am from Tokyo so that one doesnt miss many attractions.
Awesome place, ropeway, temple, furniture shop, restaurant. Modern mix traditional japanese traditional culture.
I love this place! Such a beautiful place to visit!
On a windy day, the gas from the hot springs clouds the whole sky, but once the ropeway cable car moves out, it suddenly ooen up to clear sky! Beautiful scenery on a clear day!