Narukawa Art Museum618 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 570 Motohakone, Hakone, Ashigarashimo District, Kanagawa Prefecture 250-0522, Japan Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-0460836828
- Ticket Price: 1300 JPY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Family And Kids
At the shores of Lake Ashi, lies the beautiful Narukawa Art Museum, which specialises in displaying artworks of modern nihonga, or Japanese-style paintings of our age. The museum showcases the private collection of Minoru Narukawa from 20 years, which includes 200 creations of Kyujin Yamamoto, recipient of the Order of Cultural Merit. The form of artwork displayed at this museum is nihonga, which evolved as the country rose to power, and it involves layering of multiple colors, as compared to the soft colours used in pre-war era. The best thing about this museum is that the artwork at display is not only of renowned artists, but also newcomers.
Entrance Ticket Details For Narukawa Art Museum
- The given ticket price is for a single adult.
- Children under five: Free
- Disabled person: 1000 Yen (Same amount to a helper)
How to Reach Narukawa Art Museum
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hakone before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hakone and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Narukawa Art Museum Address: 570 Motohakone, Hakone, Ashigarashimo District, Kanagawa Prefecture 250-0522, Japan
- Narukawa Art Museum Contact Number: +81-0460836828
- Narukawa Art Museum Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Narukawa Art Museum Price: 1300 JPY
- Best time to visit Narukawa Art Museum(preferred time): 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Narukawa Art Museum: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
29.39% of people who visit Hakone include Narukawa Art Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
45.08% of people start their Narukawa Art Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Narukawa Art Museum
94.17% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Narukawa Art Museum
People normally club together Hakone Shrine and Onshihakone Park while planning their visit to Narukawa Art Museum.