Haleakala Crater, Haleakala National Park
About Haleakala Crater, Haleakala National Park
Haleakala Crater, Haleakala National Park - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Haleakala, Hawaii 96790, USA
Ticket Price: 10 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 28.2K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Mountain, Safari, Hiking Trail, Biking Trail, Family And Kids, Nature, Bird Watching
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Haleakala Crater offers a breath taking view that exists nowhere in the world. Situated in Maui, Haleakala crater is one of the most popular attractions of the upcountry. It is known for its stunning sunrises, panoramic landscapes and a wide range of flora and fauna. Haleakala crater is not just a result of a volcanic eruption but it was formed over the years as a result of an entire volcanic mountain top. Over the period smaller lava flows back, building up a floor called Haleakala Crater. Over the last 1000 years there have been several eruptions. It is said that eruptions have not died down, it might take place again. The crater holds a wild hiking trail and is a paradise for all the hikers. One can also take a horseback ride or downhill bike tours, which are paid services, made available by various Maui travel companies. The highlights of the crater are :
- Sun set
- Night sky
- Birds like Nene
- Haleakala Silversword
- Endangered Species
Haleakala Crater Information
- No food or gas facilities are available in the nearby area.
- The air is thin and very cold. A jacket is a must have.
- Sunscreen , water required.
- Do not hike if you are less fit.
- Use a GPS navigation.
- Do not drive on your own if you are not confident on your driving.
Haleakala Crater Ticket Prices
- USD 8 per person without any transport (valid for 3 days)
- USD 15 for private non-commercial vehicle (valid for 3 days)
- USD 10 for non-commercial motorcycle (valid for 3 days)
- Commercial vehicles/ organizations are charged separately.
Haleakala Crater Opening and Closing Hours
- Except for some special closures it is open on all days.
How To reach Haleakala Crater by Public Transport
- Drive by a car or take a tour package.
You can take two routes by car.
- From Kahului via Route 37
- Start from Maui , take the Haleakala Highway
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Haleakala National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Haleakala National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
Haleakala Crater, Haleakala National Park Reviews - Write a Review
- Haleakala National Park Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Haleakala National Park
- What to See in 48 Hours in Haleakala National Park
- What to See in 72 Hours in Haleakala National Park
- How to Spend 5 Days in Haleakala National Park
- How to Spend 6 Days in Haleakala National Park
- How to Spend 7 Days in Haleakala National Park