Kipahulu is one of the favourites of the Maui region and ideal foran overnight escape without a backpack trip.Sitting on a grassy area just above the ocean, warm breezes bring the sounds of crashing waves to your campsite making it famous amongst the locals too. The nearby ocean cliff is a short walk from Oheo Gulch. Evenings are peaceful too with the sound of the ocean waves. Facilities available at the campground are picnic tables, BBQ grills, and pit toilets. Making it possible to stay over for 2-3 days and having a good time. And nearby Maui region also has Wilderness camping experience trips going on if someone might want to make the camping more exciting.
- Ocean Dip
- Seven Sacred Pools
Kipahulu Campground Travel Tips
- No food or gas facilities are available in the nearby area.
- Be prepared for rain.
- Be prepared harsh sun and mosquitoes.
- Has a 100 people limit.
- Keep water bottles and food arrangements.
- Drinking water is available at the Kipahulu Visitor Center.
- The nearest gas station is located in the town of Hana.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kipahulu Campground
- 15 USD Park Fee entry limited to 3 nights in any 30-day period.
Kipahulu Campground Hours
- Except for some special closures it is open on all days.
- Time required for this attraction 2-3 days.
How to Reach Kipahulu Campground
- The Kipahulu District of Haleakala National Park can be accessed by driving 12 miles past the town of Hana, on the famous Hana Highway that circumscribes the northeast coast of the island of Maui.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Haleakala National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Haleakala National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
42.34% of people who visit Haleakala National Park include Kipahulu Campground in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
71.43% of people start their Kipahulu Campground visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Kipahulu Campground
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kipahulu Campground
Kipahulu Campground Reviews & Ratings
Spent a night here on our honeymoon. It was a great location to be so close to hikes in the morning. Got pretty busy and loud on a Saturday night. Rustic bathrooms but they were clean. Worth staying for the night to be so close to amazing hikes.
Great place for quiet stay.
Such an incredibly beautiful place to spend a few days. Strongly recommend taking a fishing pole to fish off the rocks.
What a place to camp! And with the pools of Oheo right there, just take a dip before sunset and its no ka oi (no worries) that there are no showers.
Great spots! Lots of space between them too