Are you looking for what to do in Haleakala National Park?
PLACES TO SEE
- Haleakala Crater: The Haleakala Crater is a gigantic crater as it was formed over eons as the result of erosion of the entire volcanic mountain top. A beautiful place for photography!
- Ohe'o Gulch: Translated as “something special”, the Ohe’o Gulch is constituted of 7 pools that look beautiful especially when the water levels are up. You can also swim here when the water levels are safe.
- Sliding Sands Trail: Although this is not an easy hike, yet it is too beautiful to be left unexplored.
- Kipahulu Campground and Hosmer Grove: For those of you who want to stay overnight, there are two camping grounds: the KÃ„Â«pahulu campground is near sea level on the wet, east-side of the island in the Kipahulu area of the park, which is reached via the Hana Highway. Hosmer Grove is on the way to the summit, high on the windy slopes of Haleakal.
THINGS TO DO
- Hiking: The wilderness is open for people who wish to take up hikes. There are a lot of trails available for people with different capabilities.
- Get to see the Native Hawaii: Inside this park, you shall be able to have close encounters with native Hawaiian species such as honeycreepers, Hawaiian dark-rumped petrel, or nohoanu, the Hawaiian Geranium.
- Adventures in Haleakala Park: The Haleakala National Park is meant for people who just wish to indulge in adventurous activities such as crossing rivers, staying under the stars, climbing the mountains and standing on the dried lava.
- Observe the Milky Way: The summit of Haleakala is one of the best places in the world to observe the night sky. The park is open 24-hours a day so you can experience the wonder of a clear, high-elevation sky.
- Bike Tours: There are several operators who offer Bike Tours around the park. You will be taken to Haleakala crater where you will be provided a bicycle for the thrilling ride down.
Below we have a list of things to do in Haleakala National Park and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Haleakala National Park getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Haleakala National Park with confidence.