Alexander Keith's BreweryCurrently Closed
- Address: 1496 Lower Water Street, Halifax, NS, Canada
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9024551474
- Ticket Price: 23 CAD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Tour, Historical Site, Food And Drinks, Winery, Entertainment, Performance, Family And Kids, Specialty Shop
About Alexander Keith's Brewery, Halifax
Alexander Keith’s is one of the oldest breweries in Canada. The brewery is housed in an old stone building that was built in 1820. Beer lovers will enjoy the opportunity to sample some fine beers from a modern day brewery that is served in a historic setting. The interactive tour is fun and informative as actors wear period costumes and take you through the history of the brewery, the processes as well as interesting stories regarding the area. Visitors can enjoy a full hour of song, dance, games and of course drinking! Do visit the Gift Shop for some fun souvenirs and T-shirts.
Alexander Keith's Brewery Information
- This tour is fun for all ages and minors are permitted.
- Tours usually last for approximately and hour.
Alexander Keith's Brewery Ticket Prices
- Senior Ticket- $19.95 CAD, Youth Ticket (Under 19)- $10.95 CAD, Family Ticket (2 Adults, 3 youths)- $49.95 CAD.
- Group Rate- $19.95 CAD (Min. 15 people), Military Rate- $19.95 CAD and Student Rate- $19.95 CAD.
Alexander Keith's Brewery Opening and Closing Hours
- Tours are conducted every 30 minutes in Summer and every hour in Winter.
- Retail Store Times: Summer (Jun 1 - Oct 31), Mon to Sat 10am - 9pm, Sunday 12pm - 6pm, Saturday 10am - 9pm, Friday 11.30am - 6pm.
- Winter (Nov 1 - May 31): Mon to Thurs 11.30am - 6pm, Friday 11.30am - 9pm.
How To reach Alexander Keith's Brewery by Public Transport
- Lower Water Opposite Keith's Brewery- Bus No 90
Restaurants Near Alexander Keith's Brewery
- Da Maurizio Dining Room
- 2 Doors Down
- Ristorante a Mano
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Halifax before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Halifax and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Alexander Keith's Brewery
95% of people who visit Halifax include Alexander Keith's Brewery in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
39.15% of people start their Alexander Keith's Brewery visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Alexander Keith's Brewery
62.08% of people prefer walking in order to reach Alexander Keith's Brewery
Alexander Keith's Brewery Map
Alexander Keith's Brewery, Halifax Reviews
It was a decent tour, pretty good price overall. Apparently they don't dress up in their period costumes any more, which is a small minus if you want to bring kids (brewery tour might not be interesting to them). Good quick lesson on brewing. We were served a couple 4oz samples and 2 8oz at the end of the tour, plus a free 8oz at the restaurant next door.
A must visit when in Halifax; the tour was awesome the staff unbelievably talented when not hosting or serving food they are playing guitar and singing. Love this venue was very impress with the everyone working there thank you for a great time. P.S. best clam chowder I have ever had.
Stood at the bar for more than 10 minutes while bar staff were talking. When I finally placed my order, the beer was warm. Zero star rating 😐 I hope their service improves before tourist season.
Best tour I've ever experienced! I was the only person to attend the 5pm time frame and they treated me like a VIP. The guides were absolutely full of AK facts, hilarious and most passionately talented group. I'd recommend anyone to visit this Brewery.
We did the brewery tour while in Halifax. It was an amazing tour. The guides really get into the spirit of things. They give you just the right amount of beer samples and knowledge of the brewery and its history. They end off the tour with some traditional Scottish folk music by a live band and a couple pints! We took our 3 year old son on the tour and were a bit nervous about it but it was family friendly and they offer ice tea and water to kids or non drinkers. They also have a games room for kids to toss some bean bags while parents enjoy their samples. Definitely worth going.