Events and Festivals in Halifax
Halifax hosts many events and festivals throughout the year.However, the most popular of the activities in Halifax are the festivals that take place in summer.
- Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo (June-July): A weeklong event held in the Scotiabank Centre arena located in the heart of Downtown Halifax. Visitors can look forward to this festival the showcases the true culture of Nova Scotia. Activities include bagpipes, highland dancers, la culture de l’acadie and military traditions. The event also features features acrobatic acts, music, dancing, and trampoline routines. There are also several free workshops.
- Halifax Pride Festival (July): A ten-day celebration of the LGBTQ community in Halifax. It draws crowds from all over Nova Scotia and Canada. The festival takes place all over the cities with several parades, parties and a host of fun. It is the 4th largest gay pride event in Canada.
- Halifax International Busker Festival (July-Aug): A five-day festival that takes place on Halifax’s beautiful waterfront. The event sees street performers from all over the world put up an entertaining and extravagant show. Performances include music, dance, acrobatics, comedy, fire shows and all sorts of whacky entertainment.
- Atlantic Fringe Festival (September): A ten-day cultural extravaganza that showcases music, dance, theatre, cinema from Canada and the United States.
Trip plans for Halifax
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Halifax
Halifax Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Halifax
Save 7%Halifax Harbour Hopper Tour61 Reviews
Duration: 55 Mins
Get a snapshot of Halifaxs classic sights in an unconventional way on a 1-hour Harbour Hopper tour.You'll travel on both lan...
Save 7%Peggy's Cove Day Trip from Halifax80 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
Experience one of Nova Scotias most picturesque places on this half-day trip to Peggys Cove from Halifax, with convenient, co...
Save 4%Peggy's Cove and Halifax Tour with Lobster Roll Lunch24 Reviews
Duration: 5 Hrs 30 Mins
Visit the famous fishing village and lighthouse of Peggys Cove, enjoy a tasty lobster roll lunch overlooking a pretty inlet, ...
Save 7%Small Group Local Libations Tour5 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs 30 Mins
This full day tour encompasses a little bit of everything from award-winning wine, hand-crafted beer, flavorful spirits and l...
- Events & Festivals in Lower Sackville
- Events & Festivals in Hammonds Plains
- Events & Festivals in Sambro Creek
- Events & Festivals in Upper Tantallon
- Events & Festivals in Peggys Cove
- Events & Festivals in Shubenacadie