Events and Festivals in Halifax
Halifax hosts many events and festivals throughout the year.However, the most popular of the activities in Halifax are the festivals that take place in summer.
- Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo (June-July): A weeklong event held in the Scotiabank Centre arena located in the heart of Downtown Halifax. Visitors can look forward to this festival the showcases the true culture of Nova Scotia. Activities include bagpipes, highland dancers, la culture de l’acadie and military traditions. The event also features features acrobatic acts, music, dancing, and trampoline routines. There are also several free workshops.
- Halifax Pride Festival (July): A ten-day celebration of the LGBTQ community in Halifax. It draws crowds from all over Nova Scotia and Canada. The festival takes place all over the cities with several parades, parties and a host of fun. It is the 4th largest gay pride event in Canada.
- Halifax International Busker Festival (July-Aug): A five-day festival that takes place on Halifax’s beautiful waterfront. The event sees street performers from all over the world put up an entertaining and extravagant show. Performances include music, dance, acrobatics, comedy, fire shows and all sorts of whacky entertainment.
- Atlantic Fringe Festival (September): A ten-day cultural extravaganza that showcases music, dance, theatre, cinema from Canada and the United States.
Trip plans for Halifax
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Halifax
Halifax Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Halifax
Save 7%Halifax Harbour Hopper Tour60 Reviews
Duration: 55 Mins
Get a snapshot of Halifaxs classic sights in an unconventional way on a 1-hour Harbour Hopper tour.You'll travel on both lan...
Save 7%Small-Group Annapolis Valley Wine and Food Tour from Halifax19 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
While in Halifax, take a day trip to Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotias premier wine and food destination whose beautiful scenery...
Save 7%Halifax Dinner Cruise3 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs
Cast off into Halifax harbour on this dinner cruise aboard a Mississippi-style sternwheeler. Glimpse top attractions along th...
Save 7%Peggy's Cove Day Trip from Halifax78 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
Experience one of Nova Scotias most picturesque places on this half-day trip to Peggys Cove from Halifax, with convenient, co...
- Events & Festivals in Shearwater
- Events & Festivals in Head Of Jeddore
- Events & Festivals in East River
- Events & Festivals in Scotch Village
- Events & Festivals in Italy Cross
- Events & Festivals in Charlottetown
- Events & Festivals in Livingstone Cove
- Events & Festivals in Moncton
- Events & Festivals in Head Of Millstream
- Events & Festivals in Montreal
- Events & Festivals in Toronto
- Events & Festivals in Vancouver
- Events & Festivals in Ottawa
- Events & Festivals in Niagara Falls
- Events & Festivals in Windsor