Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada, Halifax
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada, Halifax - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 5425 Sackville Street, Halifax, NS B3J 3Y3, Canada
Ticket Price: 12 CAD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 6.5K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Observatory, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada, Halifax
A great place to visit for history buffs, the Halifax Citadel is one of Canada’s most iconic historical monuments. The Citadel in its present form was completed in 1856. It was originally built in the 1700s by the British to defend the area’s major naval harbor. The impressive grounds and fortifications give visitors a chance to explore and important piece of Canada’s military history. The Citadel’s Army Museum exhibits soldiers’ uniforms and weapons. The Change of guard takes place every hour and is interesting to watch. Apart from the interesting buildings, the Citadel also puts on a spectacular show for visitors with re-enactments and actors in costume. And for those who want to experience the true life of a soldier in the mid-19th century, the Citadel conducts a “Become a Solider for a Day” program. There is also Coffee Bar and Regimental Shop for snacks and souvenirs.
Walk through the historic sites of Canada and have a rich understanding of this place. Although there are ticket prices for Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada, we offer you the advantage of knowledge as you buy tickets for Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada and experience history through the mouth of guide. Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada Tickets will offer you a journey through history and heritage of Canada. Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada prices offer you a deep understanding at affordable rates.
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada Information
- There is an on-site paid parking lot for up to 80 cars located inside the fort’s West Ditch.
- The site is wheelchair accessible, including the ramparts, the Army Museum, most ground-level exhibits and the washrooms.
- Halifax Citadel guided tour is 45-60 minutes in length and starts at the Information Centre.
- Tours are offered throughout the day in both English and French.
- Public ghost tours are offered Friday and Saturday evenings July 11-October 25, 2014. Additional tours available in September and October.
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada Ticket Prices
- June 1 to September 15: Adult - $ 11.70 CAD
- May 7 to May 31 and September 16 to October 31: Adult- $ 7.80 CAD
- June 1 to September 15: Senior- $ 10.05 CAD; Youth- $ 5.80 CAD; Family/Group- $ 29.4 CAD
- May 7 to May 31 and September 16 to October 31: Senior - $ 6.55 CAD; Youth - $ 3.90 CAD; Family/Group - $ 19.60 CAD
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada Opening and Closing Hours
- Ghost Tours - 8:30p.m.
- November 1 to May 6 - The grounds and washrooms are open from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Ghost Tours and other pre-arranged services are available; however, visitor experience services are limited.
How To reach Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada by Public Transport
- Cogswell St [Westbound] Before North Park St – Bus no. 6 & SP6.
- Summer St Before Bell Rd (QEII Infirmary) Bus No – 20, 21, 23, 31, 32, 33 , 34, 53, 59, 68, 84, 85, 86.
- Grand Parade on Barrington Street Bus no. 1, 7, 9, 10, 14, 21, 23, 53, 59, 68, 20, 41, 80, 81.
Restaurants Near Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada
- The Wooden Monkey
- Keg Steakhouse & Bar
- Edna Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Halifax before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Halifax and book an accommodation of your choice.
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Halifax
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada, Halifax Reviews - Write a Review
If you want to enjoy a serious piece of Canadian history, do not miss visiting Citadel. It is rich with history from he mid to late 1700's, with friendly Staff walking the property and always ready to answer any questions you might have. It's a long walk up that hill, but it is definitely worth it.
I had not visited in over 20 years but everything was exactly as I remember it. The history is incredible. The staff at the gatehouse directing people were very helpful and pleasant. Once inside there were plenty of staff in period clothing happy to help and direct. Signage for various sites, safety and for visiting were clearly marked and the grounds were very clean and well maintained. We had our dog with us and the staff were very respectful in advising when there was something coming up that may cause fright and how to manage it. This is something I recommend to anyone visiting Halifax and you should allow yourself at least a few hours to tour as there is plenty to see and experience. Not something you want to rush through.
Got to love our historic sites! Well organized tours at regular intervals during the summer. Have you heard an explosive sound? Odds are it's noon and the canon just fired... No worries!
We went during the Victorian Christmas event. It was free to get in with a food donation. It was very informative for the young and old alike. I highly recommend taking in one of our provinces most iconic landmarks and stopping by.
This historic site is an interesting place for anyone who has some interest in learning the early history of Canada, Atlantic Provinces in particular. This is a big fort, heavily fortified to discourage enemy's attack. There are many small size museums within and big black armored guns and weaponry can be seen placed strategically. Guns are fired at every hour. A visit to Halifax wouldn't be complete without visiting this place.