Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of CanadaCurrently Closed
- Address: 5425 Sackville Street, Halifax, NS B3J 3Y3, Canada
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9024265080
- Ticket Price: 12 CAD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Observatory, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
About Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada, Halifax
A great place to visit for history buffs, the Halifax Citadel is one of Canada’s most iconic historical monuments. The Citadel in its present form was completed in 1856. It was originally built in the 1700s by the British to defend the area’s major naval harbor. The impressive grounds and fortifications give visitors a chance to explore and important piece of Canada’s military history. The Citadel’s Army Museum exhibits soldiers’ uniforms and weapons. The Change of guard takes place every hour and is interesting to watch. Apart from the interesting buildings, the Citadel also puts on a spectacular show for visitors with re-enactments and actors in costume. And for those who want to experience the true life of a soldier in the mid-19th century, the Citadel conducts a “Become a Solider for a Day” program. There is also Coffee Bar and Regimental Shop for snacks and souvenirs.
Walk through the historic sites of Canada and have a rich understanding of this place. Although there are ticket prices for Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada, we offer you the advantage of knowledge as you buy tickets for Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada and experience history through the mouth of guide. Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada Tickets will offer you a journey through history and heritage of Canada. Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada prices offer you a deep understanding at affordable rates.
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada Information
- There is an on-site paid parking lot for up to 80 cars located inside the fort’s West Ditch.
- The site is wheelchair accessible, including the ramparts, the Army Museum, most ground-level exhibits and the washrooms.
- Halifax Citadel guided tour is 45-60 minutes in length and starts at the Information Centre.
- Tours are offered throughout the day in both English and French.
- Public ghost tours are offered Friday and Saturday evenings July 11-October 25, 2014. Additional tours available in September and October.
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada Ticket Prices
- June 1 to September 15: Adult - $ 11.70 CAD
- May 7 to May 31 and September 16 to October 31: Adult- $ 7.80 CAD
- June 1 to September 15: Senior- $ 10.05 CAD; Youth- $ 5.80 CAD; Family/Group- $ 29.4 CAD
- May 7 to May 31 and September 16 to October 31: Senior - $ 6.55 CAD; Youth - $ 3.90 CAD; Family/Group - $ 19.60 CAD
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada Opening and Closing Hours
- Ghost Tours - 8:30p.m.
- November 1 to May 6 - The grounds and washrooms are open from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Ghost Tours and other pre-arranged services are available; however, visitor experience services are limited.
How To reach Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada by Public Transport
- Cogswell St [Westbound] Before North Park St – Bus no. 6 & SP6.
- Summer St Before Bell Rd (QEII Infirmary) Bus No – 20, 21, 23, 31, 32, 33 , 34, 53, 59, 68, 84, 85, 86.
- Grand Parade on Barrington Street Bus no. 1, 7, 9, 10, 14, 21, 23, 53, 59, 68, 20, 41, 80, 81.
Restaurants Near Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada
- The Wooden Monkey
- Keg Steakhouse & Bar
- Edna Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Halifax before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Halifax and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada
95% of people who visit Halifax include Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
66.95% of people start their Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada
91.8% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada Map
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada Trips
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site Of Canada, Halifax Reviews
I think this site is well worth going to. There are pretty good displays of the region's and the site's history. There are plenty of people around to share more information. And the views from the citadel are fantastic. The only thing to be aware of is that tourist season seems to kick off in mid to late May, so when I went there was a lot of construction/maintenance and several of the exhibits were closed. One other thing to note: it gets really windy up there! Dress warmly and I wouldn't advise wearing a hat!
You will spend hours here and enjoy every minute. When you see this place and think that this is how so many lived back in the day, your kids will freak! Very cool just to walk around everything, be sure to go up top to see how the defences were set up to protect. Maybe venture into the tunnel, scary! If you like history you will love it here. GO, I'd return time permitting. (Mega)
Halifax is full of history and this is one of the places that contributes to it. It has a great view of the city, has a large courtyard where you can walk around and get a feel of what life may have been like for soldiers defending the old city. Grab some food and come here to enjoy a sunny weekend morning.
If you have never been, this is a MUST! If history is your forte, then you will enjoy a full day here! The city views are fantastic! Inside the fort is amazing! Bring comfortable shoes as you will spend a lot of time walking! Parking is limited, wheelchair accessible.
Clean and well kept. The hill is big. I haven't been on the tour since I was a kid. I should try to make it this summer with the kids.
All QuestionsHalifax citadel national historic site of canada
- Centro Socio Pastorale
- A.Re.Fa. SRL
- Baie Del Salento
- Diocesi Di Ugento - S.M. Di Leuca
- Santuario Santa Marina Vergine
- Mare Vostrum, Isola Di Albarella
- Campeggio Vittoria
- La Margherita
- Gest.Vill.Turistici Rosapineta SAS Di P. Brazzalotto & C
- Malibù Di Porzionato Giuseppe & C. SNC
- Parrocchia S. Antonio
- Gest.Vill.Turistici Rosapineta SAS Cartolibreria
- Villaggio Turistico Rosapineta