The largest theatre company in Atlantic Canada, Neptune Theatre was originally founded in 1963. The two theatre halls are the Fountain Hall, which seats 479, and the Scotiabank Studio Theatre, which seats approximately 182. Fountain Hall has tow bars, one on the orchestra level and the other on the balcony level. Studio Theatre also has a bar. The theatre has several shows each season from classics to new material. The season runs from mid September until late May and often well into July. Some popular productions of the theatre in the past were the likes of CATS and Beauty and The Beast. Neptune Theatre also runs the Theatre School with classes, camps and workshops for theatre enthusiasts of all ages.
Neptune Theatre Travel Tips
- The theatre does not issue refunds on tickets purchased.
- Tickets can be exchanged up to 48 hours before the performance date for another date of the same production.
- Latecomers will not be permitted to enter the auditorium until a suitable break in the performance at which time seating will be at the discretion of Management.
- The use of photography or any other recording devices (including cell phones that record images) is strictly prohibited at Neptune Theatre.
- Cellphones and pagers must be turned off and even texting is not permitted during performances.
Entrance Ticket Details For Neptune Theatre
- Ticket prices vary for different shows.
- “Pay What You Can Nights” are held every first Tuesday of a new show where admission is by cash donation of any amount.
Neptune Theatre Hours
- Box Office Hours- Monday- Friday- 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Saturday & Sunday- 12.00 pm to 5.00 pm.
How to Reach Neptune Theatre
- Barrington St [Northbound] in Front of Civic Address 1663 Bus No – 1, 7, 9, 10, 14, 20, 21, 23, 41, 53, 59, 68, 80, 81.
- Bistro le Coq
- Durty Nelly's Authentic Irish Pub
- Chives Canadian Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Halifax before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Halifax and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.77% of people who visit Halifax include Neptune Theatre in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
30.77% of people start their Neptune Theatre visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Neptune Theatre
70.9% of people prefer walking in order to reach Neptune Theatre
Neptune Theatre Reviews & Ratings
Hi, how much are tickets for Billy Elliot?Answer Report Abuse
What is the ticket price for “Fall on your Knees” for Friday part 1 and Sunday part 2Answer Report Abuse
What are the prices of your tickets in A, B and C seats?Answer Report Abuse
What do you consider a senior 60 or 65 years young? thanksAnswer Report Abuse
I suggest you contact the Neptune Theatre to know the age group of their senior category. You may call on (902) 429-7070 or 1-800-565-7345 and inquire about it further.Report Abuse
What do you have available on stage August 21-23 , 20018, inclusiveAnswer Report Abuse
There are no shows/events scheduled for August 21-23. However, the next available show is "Shakespeare in Love" from September 4 to October 7, 2018.
For more on the Neptune Theatre, click hereReport Abuse