The park is a large partially forested area on the southern tip of the Halifax Peninsula. It offers stunning views of the harbor and the Atlantic. It is a much lover recreational area in Halifax and frequented by locals and tourists alike. The park has several nature trails and walk where one can enjoy a quiet stroll amidst nature. It is also a beautiful place for a picnic. There are several monuments within the park like the Halifax Monument, better known as the Sailor's Memorial, the ship's anchor from the aircraft carrier HMCS Bonaventure, the Prince of Wales Tower that is the oldest Martello Tower in North America (1796) and several other commemorative plaques. There are QR codes located on markers along the park that allow visitors to take a self-guided Cultural Tour.
Point Pleasant Park Travel Tips
- During winter give way to snow removal equipment and leash your dog when snow clearing crews are working in the park.
- Avoid visiting the park when weather & road conditions have deteriorated.
- During the winter, washroom services are reduced.
- Washrooms available during the winter are located at Shakespeare by the Sea (rear of building): 8 a.m to dusk and Cable Road Washrooms (corner of Cable Road & Serpentine Road): 8 a.m to dusk.
- Cycling is permitted Monday to Friday, except on statutory holidays.
- Bicycle helmets must be worn while cycling in the park.
- Cycling is NOT permitted on forest trails, or off-road.
Point Pleasant Park Hours
- Parking Lot Hours- Tower Road Parking Lot- 6 a.m to 9:30 p.m, Lower Parking Lot A- 6 a.m to 9:30 p.m, Lower Parking Lot B- 6 a.m to 8:00 p.m.
How to Reach Point Pleasant Park
- Point Pleasant Drive[Eastbound] Opposite Young St, Point Pleasant Drive [Westbound] in Front of Young St:Bus No - 9
- Stories Fine Dining
- Henry House
- Chives Canadian Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Halifax before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Halifax and book an accommodation of your choice.
70.45% of people who visit Halifax include Point Pleasant Park in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
49.39% of people start their Point Pleasant Park visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Point Pleasant Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Point Pleasant Park