Are you looking for what to do in Halifax?
- Halifax Public Gardens: Originally opened in 1867, the gardens ooze Victorian charm that is spread over 16 acres of lush greenery.
- Halifax Citadel National Historic Site of Canada: One of Canada’s most iconic historical monuments, the Citadel in its present form was completed in 1856.
- Maritime Museum of the Atlantic: Located on the historic waterfront, it is the oldest and largest maritime museum in Canada.
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21: Often compared to Ellis Island in the United States, the Canadian Museum of Immigration showcases the important role of immigration to the country in the mid-20th century.
- Halifax Waterfront Boardwalk: A 3.8km(2mi) long trail along Halifax’s picturesque waterfront. It stretches from Casino Nova Scotia to Pier 21.
Below we have a list of things to do in Halifax and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Halifax getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Halifax with confidence.