- Address: Agio Oros 630 87, Greece, Halkidiki Map
- Phone: +30-2377023254
- Tags: Family And Kids, Monastery
Located between Osiou Grigoriou and Dafni’s Athonite port, Simonopetra, also famous as Monastery of Simonos Petra is the thirteenth of Athonite monasteries. This eastern orthodox monastery dates back to the 13th century and was established by the Greek monk, Simon the Athonite. Built on a gigantic rock, the monastery is home to numerous multistoried buildings, while the choir of Simonopetra remains a favorite among Byzantine music enthusiasts. Repeated fires destroyed many parts of the original structure as well as significant manuscripts. The library, however, is still home to over 800 Romanian documents and printed material.
- Simonopetra Address: Agio Oros 630 87, Greece, Halkidiki
- Simonopetra Contact Number: +30-2377023254
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!