Funicular being a mechanical cable railway is a good way to see the whole city through a bird’s eye view and during the four to five minute journey it will take to an amazing height of 885 meters. So simply if you do not have time to explore all the places the Funicular is a great time saving idea. The funicular connects most of the attraction spots and can be utilized for easy access to the whole city. The funicular is a great way to visit the salt mines or the ice caves as it saves you time and energy while you can just relax and enjoy the view.
- Children under 4 cannot visit the mine.
- Pack warm clothes and shoes.
- The Funicular can be used to visit the salt mines
- Children (4-15 years)- 350 Euro
- Family ticket (e.g. 2 adults + 1 child)- 1500 Euro
- Singles ticket (e.g. 1 adult + 1 child)- 950 Euro
- Each further child (only for family- or singles tickets)- 300 Euro
- Senior citizens & Students, Military and civil servants(with identification)- 600 Euro
- Groups (min. 20 persons) (each 21st person is free)- 600 Euro
- School/Youth groups- 350 Euro
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hallstatt before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hallstatt and book an accommodation of your choice.
83.53% of people who visit Hallstatt include Funicular in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
47.75% of people start their Funicular visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Funicular
57.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Funicular