How to Reach Hallstatt, Austria
The Easiest Way to Reach Hallstatt
HOW TO GET TO HALLSTATT
- By Air: Hallstatt is 140 miles from Vienna Intl Airport (Vienna, Austria) which is the closest airport to Hallstatt. Taxis and other private services are easily available as well as public busses which take you directly to the city.
- By Bus: Bus services are available to get in the city and the best way to go forward with it is the local busses which are available quite easily. The journey starts from Salzburg. Take Bus 150 to Bad Ischl, bus 542 heading to Gosau and switch to bus 543.
- By Train: Train from Salzburg to Hallstatt is extremely easy.you can also catch one from Vienna station as it takes about 2 and a half hour to travel to Hallstatt.
- By Cars/taxi: Cars on rental are available to get to the city but not allowed inside the city.The cars and taxis are available at either of the two stations, Vienna or Sulzburg and lead to the city. The usual route is Alzburg – Hallein – Golling – Abtenau – Pass Gschuett – Gosau – Hallstatt.
- By Ferry: The ferry is the most preferred way to travel as it as you can relish the picturesque scenery with the beautiful glass like Hallstatt lake below you to keep you company.
HOW TO GET AROUND HALLSTATT
- By Train: You can take the local trains and explore the ice caves and other parts of the city as there is always connecting trains to Bad Ischl.
- By Car: Cars are available on rent but remember they are not allowed from May to October, 10am to 5pm.
- By foot: Best way to move around and explore the city is by foot as the village is small in size and is easily accessible by foot.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Hallstatt and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
- How to Reach Cities Near Hallstatt
- How to reach Salzburg
- How to reach Linz
- How to reach Klagenfurt
- How to reach Villach
- How to reach Graz
- How to reach Melk
- How to reach Pfarrkirchen Bei Bad Hall
- How to reach Taxenbacher-fusch
- How to reach Sankt Jakob In Haus
- How to Reach Top Cities in Austria
- How to reach Vienna
- How to reach Bregenz
- How to reach Eisenstadt
- How to reach Zell Am See
- How to reach Innsbruck
- How to reach Bludenz
- How to reach Wagrain
- How to reach Bad Waltersdorf
- How to reach Fucking
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Gellibrand Lower
- How to reach Fitzroy North
- How to reach Docklands