Are you looking for what to do in Hallstatt?
PLACES TO SEE
- Hallstatt city view: The city of Hallstatt is the home to many tourists who come here to see the beautiful architecture and natural scenery that complements it. And hence the city and the market place near it becomes a hot tourist spot for the masses and hence the most photographed place in the region.
- Funicular: The Funicular is a good way to see the whole city through a bird’s eye view and during the four to five minute journey it will take to an amazing height of 885 meters. So simply if you do not have time to explore all the places the Funicular is a great time saving ideaHallstatt Salt mine is the first mine known to mankind and is a great attraction for tourists. The Hallstatt salt mine is believed to have existed much before 1500 B.C. and takes you through the journey of time
- Bone House in Michael's Chapel (Beinhaus en Michaelschapel): This gothic temple came into existence when there was no place in graveyards for the dead and no other place was accepted by the church. Beinhaus en Michaels chapel or the great bone house attracts people from all across the globe because of its gothic- roman feel which appeals to a lot of tourists.
- Rudolf's Tower: Rudolf's Tower is another attraction that is way above the ground. Standing proudly at 855 meters the place offers an unbeaten look of the whole city. The tower, built in 1282, is named after and constructed by Duke Albrecht I of Austria as a defense for the mine workers on the Salzburg.
- The Hallstatt museum: The Hallstatt museum was completed in 2002 and covers the history of Hallstatt for more than 7000 years and has a very contemporary style to it.
THINGS TO DO
- Theme tours on Saturday mornings are arranged every week for tourists where the tour of the whole city is given in a very innovative way. It becomes a must see in the city as it does tell you a lot about the history and the traditions that complement it.
- Daily cruise on lake Hallstatt is one of the most exciting events in the city and attracts the most crowd as tourists can see a more beautiful shade of the city. As the cruise is available seven days a week and hence is the place to go to see the city from a different perspective.
Below we have a list of things to do in Hallstatt and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Hallstatt getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Hallstatt with confidence.