Are you looking for what to do in Hamburg?
PLACES TO SEE
- Otto von Bismarck Monument: Hamburg names the Otto von Bismarck Monument as one of the city’s major attractions. This statue symbolizes both the transition from old history to modern days of Germany and also the country’s leader who unified Germany in the 1800’s.
- Altstadt: Situated in the south part of the Elbe, this historic city offers many old buildings. You can find the St. Petri, the Rathaus, and St. Nikolai church here.
- St. Michaels Church: This church dates back to the 1600’s. After a fire in the early 20thcentury, this church was rebuilt in the same original look. You will find beautiful views from atop the clock tower.
- Hamburg Rathaus: This is Hamburg’s city hall. It was built in the late 1800’s with a huge high tower. If you have time, take a guided tour of Rathaus. It is offered in many different languages.
- Port of Hamburg: If you like big ships and freighters, visit the Port of Hamburg. This harbor is a beautiful break from the rest of the city. It also features a museum for those interested in learning the history of the port.
- Kunsthalle Art Museum: This art museum is famous for the Alterpiece, which was created by Master Bertram. It features paintings in Hamburg in the 1300’s. It displays paintings from painters like Max Libermann and Philipp Otto Runge.
- Europa Passage (shopping): Visit the Europa Passage for a memorable shopping experience. The mall has a huge arched roof made of glass. It is located along the Binnenalster and St. Peter's church. Furthermore, for even more shopping, visit the region west of Hamburg's central rail station. From here, if you take Spitaler Straße and Mönckebergstraße, you will end up at Hamburg's town hall.
Below we have a list of things to do in Hamburg and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Hamburg getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Hamburg with confidence.