How to Reach Hamilton, Canada
The Easiest Way to Reach Hamilton
HOW TO GET TO HAMILTON
- By Air: The major international airport in Hamilton, Ontario is the John C Munro International Airport. There are flight connections to a number of cities and plenty of low cost options available too. Ground transportation available at the airport includes taxi services, HSR (local public transit) and car rentals.
- By Train: Go Transit and Via Rail offer train connections to nearby cities like Toronto. The Downtown terminal and Aldershot Go Station are the main train terminals. There are regular bus departures from the terminal to various parts of the city.
- By Car: Hamilton is easily approachable via highway from nearby destinations like Niagara falls, Toronto and London, Ontario.
- By Bus: Buses to and from nearby cities are available at the Downtown terminal. Bus timings are convenient and at regular intervals.
HOW TO GET AROUND HAMILTON
- HSR: The Hamilton Street Railway Company is the most convenient form of local transport at Hamilton. These wheelchair accessible and air conditioned buses ply on 26 routes all around the city. Buy a Passport ticket for $9 and travel all day unlimited all around the city. Plus, you can avail of attractive discounts at a number of tourist spots.
- By Taxi: Taxis in Hamilton are plentiful. The fares are standard and non-negotiable. It is customary to tip your taxi driver if you’re happy with the service. Taxi services like Blue Line Taxi, Hamilton Cab and Wavetrans operate in Hamilton.
- By Cycle: Hamilton has hundreds of kilometers of bike trails to explore. From converted rail trails to paved waterfront trails to designated paths along city streets, there are biking opportunities for everybody at any skill level. The city is extremely easy to get around on the bike too.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Hamilton and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Hamilton
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Hamilton. The most preferred mode of transport in Hamilton is Car.
Average distance: 26.02 km Average time: 35.74 min
Car 52.17%Driving 22.75 min Overall average time for 21.11 kms 22.75 min
Walking 17.39%Walking 13.75 min Driving 1.25 min Overall average time for 2.3 kms 15 min
Bike 4.35%Bike 4 min Overall average time for 1 kms 4 min
Train/Metro 17.39%Train 67.5 min Walking 12.5 min Waiting 10 min Other 8.75 min Bus 2.5 min Overall average time for 77.5 kms 101.25 min
Bus/Trolleybus 8.7%Bus 27.5 min Walking 7.5 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 12.5 kms 40 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Hamilton
- How to reach Guelph
- How to reach Toronto
- How to reach Niagara Falls
- How to reach Wasaga Beach
- How to reach Oro-medonte
- How to reach Kettle Point
- How to reach Don Mills
- How to reach Campbellville
- How to reach Beamsville
- How to Reach Top Cities in Canada
- How to reach Montreal
- How to reach Vancouver
- How to reach Ottawa
- How to reach Windsor
- How to reach Sault Ste. Marie
- How to reach Whistler
- How to reach Kippen
- How to reach Garnett Settlement
- How to reach Lacolle
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach East Boothbay
- How to reach Wymeswold
- How to reach Southview