Are you looking for what to do in Hamilton?
PLACES TO SEE
- Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum: The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum is like a candy store for aviation enthusiasts. Home to many world war and cold war airplanes that have served in these legendary battles, these machines are immaculately maintained and many are in flying condition. This museum is one of the most fascinating things to do in Hamilton!
- HMCS Haida: HMCS Haida ,originally built in England, was commissioned into the Royal Canadian Navy in 1943, has served in many battles during the World War. Decommissioned in1963 after having served loyally in a number of ground breaking wars, the HMCS Haida now stands proudly on the shores of Hamilton.
- Dundurn Castle: Built by Sir Allan Napier McNab, the Dundurn castle is a 72 room neoclassical mansion that has played host to the likes of Sir John A Macdonald and King Edward VII. It is by far one of the most beautiful places to visit in Hamilton.
- Art Gallery of Hamilton: One of the oldest public galleries in Canada, the Art Gallery of Hamilton is a delight to every art connoisseur. Home to about10,000 works of art, the gallery sees a huge number of visitors every year.
THINGS TO DO
- African Lion Safari: If you’re wondering what to do in Hamilton, head first to the African Lion Safari. Home to approximately 1000 animals, the African Lion Safari is a family owned safari park that is a must visit for wild life enthusiasts. Spanning over 740 acres, visitors can tour any or all of the seven game reserves where animals like lion, giraffe and elephants roam freely.
- Bruce Trail: The Bruce Trail is a 800 kilometers hiking trail that crosses lush green forests, streams, waterfalls and many natural habitats. The trail follows the edge of the Niagara Escarpment, one of the thirteen UNESCO World Biosphere Reserves in Canada. The land the trail traverses is owned by the Government of Ontario, local municipalities, local conservation authorities, private landowners and the Bruce Trail Conservancy.
- Waterfalls: Take a picnic or go hiking on one of the many beautiful waterfalls that surround Hamilton. Tews falls and Websters Falls are some of the popular waterfalls around the city.
Below we have a list of things to do in Hamilton and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Hamilton getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Hamilton with confidence.