How to Reach Hampi
- By Train: Hospet Junction (IR station code: HPT) is 13 km away. Trains run to Bangalore, Hyderabad and Goa. You can also travel Mysore-Hubli-Hospet or direct Mysore-Hospet (Hampi Express).
- By Car: NH4, NH7 and NH 14 all lead into Hampi.
- By Bus: The Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation runs buses between Hospet and Bangalore, Mysore and Gokarna.
- By Bicycle: One of the best ways to get around Hampi. Renting a bike will cost you about Rs 60–70.
- By Rickshaw: Hiring a rickshaw driver for a whole day (Rs. 700) + hiring an official Karnataka Travel guide at the tourist office (Rs. 500). These guides can be contacted online.
- By Scooter: Renting one will give you much greater freedom of movement, and you wont’ have to hurry through the attractions. Plan to spend on about 2 litres of petrol. WARNING! Rent only scooters with Yellow License Plates on them!