How to Reach Hangzhou
HOW TO GET TO HANGZHOU
- By Air: Hangzhou international airport is the major airport of the city and there are regular flights to Hangzhou from Beijing and Hong Kong. There are international flights from Amsterdam, Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Osaka, Bangkok, Seoul, and Singapore. You can hire a taxi or take the shuttle bus service to get to the city centre which is around 30 kilometres away.
- By Bus: Hangzhou has four major bus stations and each station serves buses to different directions. There are buses to Hangzhou, Shanghai, Nanjing and Wuzhen.
- By Train: There are frequent and convenient high speed trains connecting Hangzhou and Shanghai. There are also trains offered to Guangzhou, Beijing, Chengdu and all the stations in between.
- By Ferry: There is a ferry service along the Hangzhou-Beijing Grand Canal to the north of Hangzhou.
HOW TO GET AROUND HANGZHOU
- By Bus: Having an extensive network all over the city, Bus is the major mode of transportation in Hangzhou.
- By Taxi: Taxis are expensive but quick to get around Hangzhou. Although, the taxi drivers do not necessarily understand English and you have to describe your destination by pointing it on the map.
- By Subway: Hangzhou subway line is under construction and a few lines are already opened to commute around the city.
- By Water Bus: There are some attractions that can be reached by water bus as well as special water bus trips in Hangzhou. There are also passenger boats running from Grand Canal to the Qiantang River. A ride on the water bus is one of the must-do things in Hangzhou.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Hangzhou. The most preferred mode of transport in Hangzhou is Walking.
Average distance: 10.11 km Average time: 38 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 17.67 min Bus 6.67 min Train 5 min Waiting 3.33 min Overall average time for 5.17 kms 32.67 min
Motorbike 11.11%Motorbike 15 min Overall average time for 3 kms 15 min
Bus/Trolleybus 11.11%Bus 60 min Walking 20 min Waiting 10 min Overall average time for 14 kms 90 min
Bike 11.11%Bike 15 min Overall average time for 3.5 kms 15 min
Car 11.11%Driving 30 min Overall average time for 13 kms 30 min
Train/Metro 11.11%Train 50 min Other 15 min Waiting 4 min Overall average time for 30 kms 69 min