How to Reach Hangzhou - The Easiest Way to Reach Hangzhou
HOW TO GET TO HANGZHOU
- By Air: Hangzhou international airport is the major airport of the city and there are regular flights to Hangzhou from Beijing and Hong Kong. There are international flights from Amsterdam, Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Osaka, Bangkok, Seoul, and Singapore. You can hire a taxi or take the shuttle bus service to get to the city centre which is around 30 kilometres away.
- By Bus: Hangzhou has four major bus stations and each station serves buses to different directions. There are buses to Hangzhou, Shanghai, Nanjing and Wuzhen.
- By Train: There are frequent and convenient high speed trains connecting Hangzhou and Shanghai. There are also trains offered to Guangzhou, Beijing, Chengdu and all the stations in between.
- By Ferry: There is a ferry service along the Hangzhou-Beijing Grand Canal to the north of Hangzhou.
HOW TO GET AROUND HANGZHOU
- By Bus: Having an extensive network all over the city, Bus is the major mode of transportation in Hangzhou.
- By Taxi: Taxis are expensive but quick to get around Hangzhou. Although, the taxi drivers do not necessarily understand English and you have to describe your destination by pointing it on the map.
- By Subway: Hangzhou subway line is under construction and a few lines are already opened to commute around the city.
- By Water Bus: There are some attractions that can be reached by water bus as well as special water bus trips in Hangzhou. There are also passenger boats running from Grand Canal to the Qiantang River. A ride on the water bus is one of the must-do things in Hangzhou.
Are you looking for a Hangzhou travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Hangzhou
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Hangzhou. The most preferred mode of transport in Hangzhou is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 8.9 km Average time: 42 min
Bus/Trolleybus 20%Bus 60 min Walking 20 min Waiting 10 min Overall average time for 14 kms 90 min
Bike 20%Bike 15 min Overall average time for 3.5 kms 15 min
Walking 20%Bus 20 min Walking 20 min Train 15 min Waiting 10 min Overall average time for 12 kms 65 min
Motorbike 20%Motorbike 15 min Overall average time for 3 kms 15 min
How to Reach Hangzhou from Nearby Cities
|Shanghai to Hangzhou||154.85 km||2 hours 34 mins|
|Taoyuan district to Hangzhou||324.34 km||5 hours 24 mins|
|Taipei to Hangzhou||333.34 km||5 hours 33 mins|
|Taichung to Hangzhou||348.41 km||5 hours 48 mins|
|Beijing to Hangzhou||656.83 km||10 hours 56 mins|
|Kowloon city to Hangzhou||775.71 km||12 hours 55 mins|
|Hong kong to Hangzhou||777.99 km||12 hours 57 mins|
|Central district police service centre to Hangzhou||780.38 km||13 hours 57 mins|
|Quezon city to Hangzhou||886.81 km||14 hours 46 mins|