Lingyin Temple, Hangzhou
Lingyin Temple, Hangzhou - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Fayun Lane 1, Lingyin road, Xihu, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Ticket Price: 30 CNY
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 06:15 pm Details
Added 4.3K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Outdoors, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Lingyin Temple, Hangzhou
Also known as Temple of Souls’ Retreat; this beautiful temple is located in the long narrow valley between the Peak flown from afar (Fei Lai Feng) and the north peak in the West Lake scenic area. One of the most notable Buddhist temples in China, it is listed for protection as a key provincial historical and cultural site and is reputed as the centre for research of Chinese Buddhist culture.
The temple dates back to Eastern Jin dynasty (317-420 AD) and the temple gained importance during the Five Dynasties period (907-960 AD). It comprised of nine buildings, eighteen pavilions, seventy-seven palaces and halls with over thirteen hundred rooms providing accommodation for around three thousand monks.
The temple went through several restorations and that structure that stands today is a result of restoration done in 1974.
Attractions within the temple:
- Hall of heavenly kings
- Da Xiong Bao Dian- the hall of great hero
- Pharmaceutical Master Hall
- Great Mercy Hall
- Cool Spring Pavilion
Visit the Lingyin temple to get the glimpse of Buddhist culture, literature and history through its majestic and ancient Palaces, pavilions, halls and pagodas.
Lingyin Temple Information
- If visitors want to visit Temple of Soul's Retreat, they have to enter Peak Flown From Afar Scenic Area first and cannot avoid the admission fee for Peak Flown From Afar.
- Maintain peace and dress appropriately in the temple premises.
Lingyin Temple Ticket Prices
- The ticket for Peak Flown From Afar is CNY 45.
- Ticket counter closes at 05.30 pm.
How To reach Lingyin Temple by Public Transport
- Tourism Bus No. 1 (Y1), Tourism Bus No. 2 (Y2), 7/K7, Y13, K807/K837
Restaurants Near Lingyin Temple
- Lingyin vegetarian restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hangzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hangzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.