West Lake Scenic Area, Hangzhou
About West Lake Scenic Area, Hangzhou
West Lake Scenic Area, Hangzhou - Address
Address: Xihu District, Hangzhou310007, China
Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 4.7K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Observatory, Scenic Drive, Family And Kids, Lake, Picnic Spot
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Developed as a scenic area since the 9th century, this huge area has been the epitome of natural beauty in Hangzhou and attracts thousands of visitors every year. The largest part of this scenic area is known as the outer lake and the other components include the North Inner Lake, Yuehu Lake, West Inner Lake and Lesser South Lake. Nestled in the backdrop of hilly peaks on three sides, west lake scenic area is more than just a Chinese garden.
Strangely shaped forests, verdant forests, dense foliage and beautiful blossoms offer a fantastic panorama to the visitors.
Attractions within the scenic area:
- Island of little oceans
- Three pools mirroring the moon
- Solitary hill
- Two peaks embracing the sky
- Temple of Soul’s retreat (Lingyin temple)
- Peak flown from afar (Fei Lai Feng)
- Mausoleum of General Yue Fei
- Six harmonies Pagoda
- Wonder of the west lake- Running tiger spring (Hupao spring) and Longjing Tea
- Leifeng Pagoda
- Qiantang River Tide
- Chenghuang Pavilion
West Lake Scenic Area Information
- Boat rides are available.
- Free tourism bus line is also available but has fixed timings.
- To get to the lake, visitors can easily find bus routes at Hangzhou Railway Station, Huanglong Sports Center, Wulin Square or East Railway Station, and get off at Su Di, Ling Yin, Duan Qiao, Qu Yuan Feng He, Yue Miao, Shuang Feng, Long Jing Si, Yan'an Road, Hu Bin or Xihu Dadao Stations. Available bus routes are 4/K4, 6/K6, 7/K7, 15/K15,16/K16,18/K18, 21/K21, 27/K27, 28/K28, 81/K81, K504, 527/K527, Y1, Y2, Y3, Y4, Y5, Y6, Y7, Y8, Y9.
West Lake Scenic Area Ticket Prices
- Different attractions in the scenic area have different ticket prices.
- You can hire a battery car to get around the area costing CNY 40 per person.
- The sightseeing bus costs CNY 5 per person.
West Lake Scenic Area Opening and Closing Hours
- Different attractions in the scenic area have different timings.
How To reach West Lake Scenic Area by Public Transport
- Tourism bus lines Y1, Y2, Y3
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hangzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hangzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
West Lake Scenic Area, Hangzhou Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Cafe Lumiere
- Omar Cafe Indian Kitchen
- Hangzhou Longjingshan Park
- Hangzhou Daisy Hostel
- Ife Coffee
- Phoenix Temple
- Hangzhou Catholic Church
- Hangzhou Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Hangzhou
- What to See in 48 Hours in Hangzhou
- What to See in 72 Hours in Hangzhou
- How to Spend 5 Days in Hangzhou
- How to Spend 6 Days in Hangzhou
- How to Spend 7 Days in Hangzhou