Hannover isn’t the first on everyone’s lips when thinking about places to visit, and that’s just sad. A visit to this city can be short bur very, very sweet. It started life as a fisherman’s village that quickly became a thriving trading town thanks to strategic location. It got all kinds of hell bombed out of it by the Allies in the WWII but parts of it bounced back to become a natural delight (the parks and gardens are unbelievably beautiful). Today it’s called EXPO City, and it also hosted the 2006 Football World Cup. It’s the capital of Lower Saxony. Always festive, if you time your visit to Hannover right, you’ll be able to tap into one or more of its many celebrations.
The Hannover Card: (Single tickets: EUR 9.50 for 1 day, EUR 13 for 2 days, EUR 16 for 3 days). There are group rates too.
- Gives you free access to public transport.
- Gives you discounts and reduced price access to numerous attractions like Hannover Zoo, SEA LIFE (50% discount), Royal Gardens, Marienburg Castle, All the Museums, Freebies at various restaurants.
- For a full list of benefits, check the Hannover Cart webpage on Hannover’s official wemsites.
Essential travel information and Hannover tips for your visit
- Always have either the ticket or the Hannover card when boarding public transport; the fine for being caught without either is quite high.
- Bicycles must have both front and rear lights or you’ll be fined.
Hannover Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Hannover. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Hannover trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Hannover