Castle Marienburg, Hannover
Castle Marienburg, Hannover - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Marienberg 1, Pattensen b Hannover, Lower Saxony, Germany
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 908 times in trip plans
Tour, Castle, Concert, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Castle Marienburg, Hannover
Just about 30 minutes south of Hannover is a castle to break your hearts. Straight out of a fairy tale, this Gothic Revival wonder is named for Queen Marie, beloved of King George V, the last king of Hannover. They could have used this place as a stand in for Hogwarts, what with its many turrets, battlements and towers. This is the place to immerse yourself in Hanoverian Court life history, traipsing from room to magnificent room. If you can time it right, you might get to visit Hannover castle during a musical concert, which it hosts frequently. Want a wedding to trump all weddings? You can have yours at the chapel here. If you take the castle tour, you get to go up to the tower; from a height of 44 metres, the view of the forest is incredible.
Castle Marienburg Information
- You can only tour the insides through the guided tour.
- The castle shop is cute as all hell, with lots of stuff for kids, a yummy selection of chocolates and collections of fairy tales.
- Check castle website for detailed instructions on how to get there.
- Prams are not allowed in the historical rooms, but wheelchairs are.
- Animals are not permitted.
- The guide will speak in German, but you can get an audio-guide.
- Restaurant menu is only in German.
How To reach Castle Marienburg by Public Transport
- Bus route 300 from Hanover Central Bus Station stop Pattensen Central Bus Station (ZOB). From Pattensen Bus Station Bus 310 stop MarienburgAbzweig Nord, from where it is about 2 km walk to Marienburg Castle.
Restaurants Near Castle Marienburg
- The castle restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hannover before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hannover and book an accommodation of your choice.
Castle Marienburg, Hannover Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful. Amazing eye candy, beamed to another century, great service, amazing wedding planning there, great food! I've done multiple weddings there (as a musician), and I love it! Always excited to go there! Happy to have such a gem stone in Hanover's area 👑
A nice castle in northern Germany. Perfect for a half-day weekend getaway if you are in Lower Saxony, such as in Hannover or surrounding towns. You can reach the bottom of the hill at about 2 km walk from Nordstemmen train station, from where you get nice views of the castle from a distance. From there, it's about 10 minutes short hike to the hill top where the castle is situated.
Very interesting to take the guided tour around this small but really beautiful castle.
Awesome castle... Not an inspiring history behind, but the best castle in terms of looks that looks like a fairy tale castle. Makes a good day trip.
Castle is good but you need own vehicle or taxi to reach the place (else gear-up for ~3.5 km of walk!)