This incredible zoo’s faced quite a number of problems: poor management, WWI, WWII, frequent ownership transfer and debt crises. Fed up, they finally threw $110 million at it and now the amount of fun you’ll have here is enough to leave you with brain damage.
It’s divided into 7 distinct themes:
- Zambezi: For the African Savannah with it’s own river ride and trading post
- Gorilla Mountain: The apes are found at the end of a deeply informative evolution diorama.
- Yukon Bay: The glory of Canada with wolves, prairie dos and bison.
- Jungle Palace: Indian exotica with elephants, tigers, leopards and snakes.
- Outback: Australia’s kangaroos, emus, wombats and the Pub-themed aviary.
- Mullewap: Where kids can get up close and personal with the animals.
The winter snow and ice add whole lot of Christmassy activity! The best part about this zoo is that instead of outrightly defined zones, it seems to take you from world to world.
- The sealion show at 01:30 pm is brilliant.
- Entry is free under three years.
- EUR 13.50 for 3-5 year olds.
- EUR 19 for 17-23 year olds.
- EUR 9 for dog.
- Tram 11 stop Zoo.
- Meyer’s Inn at the Zoo.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hannover before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hannover and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.03% of people who visit Hannover include Erlebnis Zoo Hannover in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
91.41% of people start their Erlebnis Zoo Hannover visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Erlebnis Zoo Hannover
93.95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Erlebnis Zoo Hannover
Overall a nice zoo. Maybe it copies theme parks a little bit too much. Especially if you are with kids and want to avoid buying popcorn or waffles. At strategic points there are small shops which are almost impossible to avoid.
Something for the entire family and a lot to see, with nicely designed animal enclosures, a live show and guided tours. The park is easy to reach by public transport in the middle of the state capital. The entry fee is perhaps one of the few downsides, as well as limited parking.
Really extensive zoo with a lot to offer. I was here during winter and the wonter zoo is amazing. I can definitely see how fantastic it is for a family trip even during the warmer months.
Very green, beautiful to walk around! Definitely worth a visit if you are in town!
One of the most impressive zoos I have ever visited. A plethora different animals from all parts of the world, from Africa to Arctic, most of them staying in micro-environments close to their natural ones. Plenty opportunities for kids, e.g. playgrounds, animal quizzes, etc.