Hannover City Hall480 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Am Maschpark, Hannover, Lower Saxony, Germany
- Timings: 07:15 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: 0511-1685333
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, View Point, Family And Kids, Architecture , Arts And Crafts, Exhibition , Heritage Building, Hall
When their original castle at this site got damaged by the war, the city wasn’t going to take it lying down. Over a series of renoations and rebuildings, the castle has once again got it’s fairy-tale-esque look, beautiful from the inside and the outside. The architectural style applied here is best described as eclectic, a flourish of many different sty;es that work to gether to create something grand. So why visit this beautiful building? Well, one, there is always some exhibitions of art or crafts going on; two, there’s a permanent display of four city models that track the development of Hannover; and three, the elevator, unique for having a curve to it’s path up near the dome (impressively, it was built a hundred years ago.) And oh, four, for the 100-metre high view of the city from the dome.
Hannover City Hall Travel Tips
- Dome is closed from mid November till February.
- You can spend a while just walking the grounds.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hannover City Hall
- EUR 3 to use the elevator to the top.
How to Reach Hannover City Hall
- Tram 3, 7 9 Markthalle/Landtag.
- Tram 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 16, 18 stopAegidientorplatz.
- Ume Ecke
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hannover before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hannover and book an accommodation of your choice.
57.9% of people who visit Hannover include Hannover City Hall in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
61.79% of people start their Hannover City Hall visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Hannover City Hall
93.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hannover City Hall