Herrenhausen Gardens449 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Herrenhauserstrasse 4, 30419 Hannover, Germany
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: 49511-16844543
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Tags: Garden, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Festival
As pretty up close as they are from the air, the Baroque Great Garden, the Botanical Berggarten, and the EnglishGeorgengarten and the Welfengarten are tremendous landscaping achievements.
The Great Garden: 50 acres of green geometrical triumph, the garden holds a number of small festivals throughout the year as well as a magnificent fireworks festival in summer. Theatrical and musical performances are the norm too. There’s an enchantingly pretty and intricately decorated grotto here decorated with crystal, minerals, glass and seashells.
The Beerggarten (Mountain Garden): An ugly duckling (vegetable garden) turned into a swan (exotic conservatory), this place once used to be the site of experimental tobacco and silkworm breeding. It’s got a marvellous collection of palms and there’s also a tropical greenhouse.
The Georgengarten: a mile long alley of lime trees furnished with ponds, streams, a temple to Gottfried Leibniz, a caricature museum (with it’s own hours) and lots of pretty bridges. People watching here is fantastic when students from the nearby university take to the lawns.
Welfengarten: The beautiful grounds of the University if Hanover.
Herrenhausen Gardens Travel Tips
- A.k.a The royal gardens.
- There is a paid carpark; EUR 3 for four hours.
- Commercial photography requires a permit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Herrenhausen Gardens
- Full ticket gives you access to Royal Gardens, Mountain Gardens and Schloss Museum.
- Entry is free below twelve years.
- EUR 4 for twelve to seventeen years.
- Prices are lower in winter November - Marh (EUR 6; EUR 3 for 12 – 17).
Herrenhausen Gardens Hours
- Different parts of the attraction (the garden, the grotto, the conservatory and the museum) close at different times.
- Closing Hours vary by upto 2 hours depending on month. Check website.
- Museum opens at 11:00 am always.
- Last admission an hour before closing.
How to Reach Herrenhausen Gardens
- Tram No. 4 and 5 stop Royal Gardens.
- Bus 136 stop Royal Gardens.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hannover before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hannover and book an accommodation of your choice.
55.99% of people who visit Hannover include Herrenhausen Gardens in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
60% of people start their Herrenhausen Gardens visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Herrenhausen Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Herrenhausen Gardens