Lower Saxony State MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Willy-Brandt-Allee 5, 30169 Hannover, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 495911-9807686
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Natural History Museum
Lower Saxony State Museum - Review
This groovy museum, the largest in the state, has four sections to it:
- The State Gallery: the region’s better fine art from the middle ages to the 220th century, including some master work by Rubens and Rembrandt.
- The Archaeology Department: a million artefacts covering half a million years of history, with the really good stuff ranging from early Stone Age to the late middle ages.
- The Ethnology Department: 20000 artworks, craftwork and artefacts from various exotic regions around the world.
- The Natural History Department: mostly Lower Saxony animals and plants, a vivarium with 2000 different species, and a life size model of a dinosaur.
Lower Saxony State Museum Ticket Prices
- Entry is free on Friday; 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm.
How To reach Lower Saxony State Museum by Public Transport
- Tram 1, 2, 8, 18, stop Schlagerstrasse.
- Tram 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 16, 18 stopAegidientorplatz.
Restaurants Near Lower Saxony State Museum
- Der Gartensaal
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hannover before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hannover and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Lower Saxony State Museum
30.39% of people who visit Hannover include Lower Saxony State Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
64.15% of people start their Lower Saxony State Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Lower Saxony State Museum
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lower Saxony State Museum
Lower Saxony State Museum Trips
Lower Saxony State Museum, Hannover Reviews
Great museum. If you are in Hannover it's definitely worth going. Great displays and even have live animals in some exhibits. Really enjoyed it.
The Natural World exhibition was very interesting. I missed information in english which was a pity. Worth visiting though.
Visited for a couple of hours to burn some time. Nice exhibits. Especially enjoyed the fossils. Take a close look at the ichthyosaur - it's virtually unique in having embryos fossilised inside of it! Worth visiting just to see that.
This place is an excellent opportunity to know more about how human beings are started their lives from homoerectus to present. I saw many many humans and animals skeletons which from 10000's years back. Also, this museum gives how human life was started with rock and how we were civilised with articulated pictures and artificial statues. I learnt many things from here where I love history a lot. This museum has a lot of collections from allover the world particularly from Africa. The collections like skeleton, tools, weapons which were made and used Pre-human and early humans. I strongly recommend this place to know the history and new information about the humans and other things around the world.
Perfect place to spend the day and very family-friendly. Children will love the little Aquarium with the piranhas and other exotic species, as well as the spiders, snakes and iguanas.