Lower Saxony State Museum165 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Willy-Brandt-Allee 5, 30169 Hannover, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 495911-9807686
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Natural History Museums
This groovy museum, the largest in the state, has four sections to it:
- The State Gallery: the region’s better fine art from the middle ages to the 220th century, including some master work by Rubens and Rembrandt.
- The Archaeology Department: a million artefacts covering half a million years of history, with the really good stuff ranging from early Stone Age to the late middle ages.
- The Ethnology Department: 20000 artworks, craftwork and artefacts from various exotic regions around the world.
- The Natural History Department: mostly Lower Saxony animals and plants, a vivarium with 2000 different species, and a life size model of a dinosaur.
Entrance Ticket Details For Lower Saxony State Museum
- Entry is free on Friday; 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm.
How to Reach Lower Saxony State Museum
- Tram 1, 2, 8, 18, stop Schlagerstrasse.
- Tram 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 16, 18 stopAegidientorplatz.
- Der Gartensaal
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hannover before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hannover and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.57% of people who visit Hannover include Lower Saxony State Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
64.15% of people start their Lower Saxony State Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Lower Saxony State Museum
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lower Saxony State Museum