Lower Saxony State MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Willy-Brandt-Allee 5, 30169 Hannover, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 495911-9807686
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Natural History Museums
This groovy museum, the largest in the state, has four sections to it:
- The State Gallery: the region’s better fine art from the middle ages to the 220th century, including some master work by Rubens and Rembrandt.
- The Archaeology Department: a million artefacts covering half a million years of history, with the really good stuff ranging from early Stone Age to the late middle ages.
- The Ethnology Department: 20000 artworks, craftwork and artefacts from various exotic regions around the world.
- The Natural History Department: mostly Lower Saxony animals and plants, a vivarium with 2000 different species, and a life size model of a dinosaur.
- Entry is free on Friday; 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm.
- Tram 1, 2, 8, 18, stop Schlagerstrasse.
- Tram 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 16, 18 stopAegidientorplatz.
- Der Gartensaal
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hannover before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hannover and book an accommodation of your choice.
30.39% of people who visit Hannover include Lower Saxony State Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
64.15% of people start their Lower Saxony State Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Lower Saxony State Museum
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lower Saxony State Museum
A great museum with some fantastic exhibits. Kids will really love the aquariums downstairs. The staff was very helpful. From the outside the museum looks small, but that's deceiving.
Great museum. If you are in Hannover it's definitely worth going. Great displays and even have live animals in some exhibits. Really enjoyed it.
The Natural World exhibition was very interesting. I missed information in english which was a pity. Worth visiting though.
Visited for a couple of hours to burn some time. Nice exhibits. Especially enjoyed the fossils. Take a close look at the ichthyosaur - it's virtually unique in having embryos fossilised inside of it! Worth visiting just to see that.
Good place to spend 2 to 3 hours