From the outside and from the inside, this building is as space age looking a it gets. Showcasing most the works of Bernhard Sprengel, the museum is austere yet grand in its exhibition of terrific modern art, with paintings from practically every great name in the business (Max Ernst, Fernand Leger, Paul Klee, Pablo Picasso, Emil Nolde and Max Beckmann) thrown in. The collection continues to grow. It collects more than painting though. Sculpture, drawings, and photographs are just as carefully curated.
Sprengel Museum Hannover Travel Tips
- The in-house restaurant offers a nice view over the river. The food is Italian.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sprengel Museum Hannover
- Free entrance on first Jan.
- EUR 4 for students, over 65s, unemployed, military retired.
- EUR 1 for guided tours.
How to Reach Sprengel Museum Hannover
- Tram 1, 2, 8, 18, stop Schlagerstrasse.
- Tram 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 16, 18 stopAegidientorplatz.
- Bell ARTE Restaurant on Museum Site.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hannover before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hannover and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.65% of people who visit Hannover include Sprengel Museum Hannover in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
46.32% of people start their Sprengel Museum Hannover visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sprengel Museum Hannover
77.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sprengel Museum Hannover