Sprengel Museum Hannover, Hannover
About Sprengel Museum Hannover, Hannover
Sprengel Museum Hannover, Hannover - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Kurt-Schwitters-Platz, 30169 Hannover, Germany
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 1.4K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Museum, Art Gallery, Museum, Family And Kids, Photo Gallery
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
From the outside and from the inside, this building is as space age looking a it gets. Showcasing most the works of Bernhard Sprengel, the museum is austere yet grand in its exhibition of terrific modern art, with paintings from practically every great name in the business (Max Ernst, Fernand Leger, Paul Klee, Pablo Picasso, Emil Nolde and Max Beckmann) thrown in. The collection continues to grow. It collects more than painting though. Sculpture, drawings, and photographs are just as carefully curated.
Sprengel Museum Hannover Information
- The in-house restaurant offers a nice view over the river. The food is Italian.
Sprengel Museum Hannover Ticket Prices
- Free entrance on first Jan.
- EUR 4 for students, over 65s, unemployed, military retired.
- EUR 1 for guided tours.
How To reach Sprengel Museum Hannover by Public Transport
- Tram 1, 2, 8, 18, stop Schlagerstrasse.
- Tram 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 16, 18 stopAegidientorplatz.
Restaurants Near Sprengel Museum Hannover
- Bell ARTE Restaurant on Museum Site.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hannover before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hannover and book an accommodation of your choice.
Sprengel Museum Hannover, Hannover Reviews - Write a Review
A very enjoyable museum with a fine collection of modern art. A nice range of work by: Chagall, Marc, Picasso, Nolde, Ernst, Beckmann, Marc, among others. Nice exhibition space in the new wing.
New area is spacious. Worth for visiting
Excellent museum with deep Schwitters holdings.
A great museum where you can spend hours if you have the time
I visited the Sprengel museum in Dec and found the exhibits on display intriguingly interesting. In every exhibit my mind captured something that I could reflect upon. Certainly an exciting place to visit whether one has an hour or a whole day to spare.
- Nearby Attractions
- Hanover Zoo
- Basil Restaurant
- Museum August Kestner
- Hdi Arena
- Stichkanal Limmer
- Reha Podbi Park
- Tui Arena
- Hindenburgschleuse Anderten
- Mahn- Und Gedenkstatte Ahlem
- Hannover Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Hannover
- What to See in 48 Hours in Hannover
- What to See in 72 Hours in Hannover
- How to Spend 5 Days in Hannover
- How to Spend 6 Days in Hannover
- How to Spend 7 Days in Hannover