Are you looking for what to do in Hannover?
PLACES TO SEE
Gardens and Parks:
- The Great Garden of Herrenhausen: Stunning baroque gardens.
- Sea Life: An alright, nothing special marine aquarium.
- Erlebnis Zoo: One of the best and most modern zoos in Europe.
- City Park: A nice place to relax.
- Eilenriede: A massive forest crisscrossed with many trail within a city.
- Tiergarten: A moderately sized recreational forest.
- Maschee: A large recreational lake in the centre of the city, with a swimming beach in the south-east.
- City Hall: A beautiful building, a crazy elevator to the top and four intricate models of the city at different times.
- Leibniz House: Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz, mathematician and philosopher who developed calculus and a widely used notation system lived here.
- Home of Baron Munchhausen: Home of a flamboyant Hanoverian storyteller.
- Historical Museum: Tells the story of Hannover, and of it’s folk traditions.
- Lower Saxony State Museum: An eclectic collection of fine art, ethno, archeo, and natural history exhibits. One of the best museums in town.
- Wilhelm-Busch Museum: A collection of drawn and painted satire. Hilarious.
- Sprengel Museum Hannover: Excellent modern art.
- Kestner-Museum: Small museum with an emphasis on Antiquity.
- Castle Marienburg: Incredibly pretty neo-gothic architecture.
Neighbourhoods and Miscellaneous:
- The Nanas: Sculptures byNiki de Saint Phalle.
- List: A neighborhood popular with students.
- Waterloo Memorial: Memorial to Napoleon’s defeat.
- AltesRathaus: The old Town House.
Below we have a list of things to do in Hannover and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Hannover getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Hannover with confidence.