The Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum holds the embalmed remains of Ho Chi Minh; this larger than life granite structure stands in over Ba Dinh Square in Hanoi, Vietnam.
The Ba Dinh Square which is situated in front of the mausoleum is a landmark in it’s own right as the President Ho declared the independence of Vietnam on September 2, 1945 there. The square is comprised of an interesting mish mash of grass patterns that look like a beautiful lattice. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Hanoi itinerary 2 days.
Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Travel Tips
- Visitors must be silent, and walk in two lines.
- Hands must not be in pockets, nor arms crossed.
- Smoking, drinking, eating, photography, and video taping are also not permitted anywhere inside the mausoleum.
- The mausoleum is closed for about two months each year while his embalmed body goes to Russia for maintenance.
How to Reach Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum
- Nearest Bus Stop: 91-93 Le Hong Phong
- Nha Hang La Salsa
- Ashima 6
- Old Hanoi Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hanoi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hanoi and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.49% of people who visit Hanoi include Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
75.18% of people start their Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum
88.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum