How to Reach Hanoi
The Easiest Way to Reach Hanoi
HOW TO GET TO HANOI
- By Air: The closest international airport is the Na Boi International Airport which is at a distance of 35 km from Hanoi. There are a number of flights to Hanoi, Vietnam from a number of destinations. The Hanoi airport is small but well equipped and passenger friendly too.
- By Taxi: There are fixed price taxi stands right outside the exit, offering fares ranging from US$15-$25 into the city. These are provided by various taxi companies and are slightly more expensive than the tout taxis, but fixed price, so no hassles about the fare. Later into the night, there don't seem to be any physical taxi stand, however you can still negotiate directly with taxi drivers for fixed prices all the same.
- By Bus: Public buses to the city centre from Noi Bai airport take about 1.5 hours. There are shuttle buses too that drop you near your hotel at an affordable price.
- By Train: Hanoi is well connected to the rest of Vietnam by trains that depart from the Hanoi Train Station. One can also board a train to China from Gia Lam station.
HOW TO GET AROUND HANOI
- By Cab: In Hanoi, a taxi driver is quite a colourful character. He will play you, fool you and show you around the entire tourist places in Hanoi a little more than you asked for. Beware of drivers that will try their best to take you on the most expensive ride of your life. Also, be very careful with meter taxis in Hanoi. Meters have been known to operate "normally" initially, but after you've let your guard down, it jumps to astronomical amounts just before the destination. Ask around for reliable taxi operators and stick to those.
- By Xe Om: Motorbike drivers ("Xe Om" in Vietnamese) can be found on virtually every corner, especially in the Old Quarter. Expect to be offered a ride every half-block (or more). You should absolutely negotiate a fare in advance. Having said that, travelling by Xe Om is an excellent way to experience Hanoi sightseeing.
- By Cyclo: Cyclos are cycle-taxis that are quite common in South East Asia. Negotiate prices in advance and be quite firm about them. If you chose to travel by Cyclo, be clear on your destination, negotiate your fee first, be willing to get out and walk away, also be willing to walk away at the end of the journey if the driver won't stand by your original agreed price.
- By Bus: Buses in Hanoi are well connected albeit a bit difficult to comprehend at first. Take your time and get to know the routes before you actually board one.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Hanoi and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Hanoi
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Hanoi. The most preferred mode of transport in Hanoi is Motorbike.
Average distance: 8.59 km Average time: 40.78 min
Motorbike 47.37%Motorbike 29.11 min Overall average time for 9.72 kms 29.11 min
Car 10.53%Driving 25 min Overall average time for 8 kms 25 min
Bus/Trolleybus 5.26%Bus 20 min Overall average time for 12 kms 20 min
Walking 26.32%Walking 55.6 min Driving 10 min Bike 9 min Motorbike 3 min Overall average time for 6.8 kms 77.6 min
Bike 5.26%Bike 14 min Overall average time for 5.09 kms 14 min
- How to reach Cities Near Hanoi
- How to reach Hà Trung District
- How to reach Tt. Mèo Vạc
- How to reach Phù Ninh
- How to reach Yên Trung
- How to reach Hải Yến
- How to reach Đình Lập
- How to reach Lý Thái Tổ
- How to reach Tràng Tiền
- How to reach Hùng Thành
- How to reach Đồng Văn
- How to reach Hàng Trống
- How to reach Tt. Mai Châu
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Palo Alto
- How to reach Foshan
- How to reach Menton
- How to reach Prospect Park
- How to reach Cambridge
- How to reach Escondido
- How to reach Korman'
- How to reach Portimão
- How to reach Black Creek
- How to reach Blanchard