St Joseph's CathedralCurrently Open [Closes at 07:30 pm]
- Address: 40 Nha Chung, Hang Trong, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi, Vietnam, Hanoi
- Timings: 05:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
St Joseph's Cathedral - Review
Entering this majestic church is like walking into 1886, as little has changed since it first opened its doors. The centre of Catholicism in Hanoi is the beautifully decrepit neo-Gothic, St Joseph’s Cathedral. Built in the early days of the colony at the expense of a revered pagoda that was demolished in the name of France's mission civilisatrice, St Joseph’s opened its doors to worshippers in 1886. Many of the buildings in and around the area were built in the service of the cathedral in the late 19th century.
Although the church interiors and exteriors are in a state of decay, it is worth noting the profound influence of this church in Vietnamese Catholic culture.
The St. Joseph Cathedral of Hanoi is one of the most astonishing architectural attractions in Vietnam. Being a church, there are no tickets for St. Joseph Cathedral. However, if you wish to understand the architectural importance of this place, you can book tickets for St. Joseph Cathedral tours with us and have an enlightening session. St. Joseph Cathedral ticket prices come along in all range. As you book St. Joseph Cathedral Tickets with us, you get an entry into the world of history and wonder. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Hanoi itinerary 2 days.
St Joseph's Cathedral Information
- Mass times are listed on a sign on the gates to the left of the cathedral. The main gate is open when Mass is held.Guests are welcome at other times of the day, but must enter via the compound of the Diocese of Hanoi, the entrance to which is a block away at 40 P Nha Chung.
- Dress conservatively.
- The adjoining Ly Quoc Su Street area has a number of better souvenir shops.
- The cathedral conducts mass several times during the day.
How To reach St Joseph's Cathedral by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop: Nga 3 Le Thai To - Hang Trong
Restaurants Near St Joseph's Cathedral
- Nha Hang La Salsa
- Nha Hang La Place
- Bich Beo Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Hanoi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hanoi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting St Joseph's Cathedral
95% of people who visit Hanoi include St Joseph's Cathedral in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
28.04% of people start their St Joseph's Cathedral visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St Joseph's Cathedral
75.11% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St Joseph's Cathedral
St Joseph's Cathedral Map
St Joseph's Cathedral Trips
St Joseph's Cathedral, Hanoi Reviews
Very lovely place both in the day and night time. The oldest and biggest church in Hanoi. Moreover, many street vendors near by could be good place for you to sit down and experience local culture with some specialties as lemon iced tea or sunflower seeds ^^
Historical and beautiful. It shows a lot about the French colonial time in Vietnam and their influence on Hanoi. Located right in the center of tơn, close to almost all tourist attactión. Recommended even when you're not Christians.
Very attractive historical place. We can visit the church and can take pictures inside as well. Nice people there. Very good place to take photos. Must visit place. Walking distance from old quarter. Just use a map. Very easy to find.
it was a great church and it is a good place for taking a picture. besides, there were many cafes so you can watch for this church together with sweet coffee enjoy your travel!
Is a big and tall church and historical place. Worth for come to have a look and and take some pictures. Highly recommended.
All QuestionsSt joseph's cathedral
- Oeffentl. Buecherei Brand
- WELTLICHTSPIELE Kino GmbH
- Islamisches Kulturzentrum Verband D Islam Kulturzentren Vlbg
- Kasperltheater Raggal - Christian Mair
- ÖAMTC BMX-Club Sparkasse Rätikon Bludenz
- Pfarramt Buerserberg
- RC Sparkasse Rätikon Bludenz
- ATIB Bludenz
- Kirchenbeitragsstelle Bludenz
- Bücherei Blons
- Museum Der Stadt Bludenz