The KuimbaShiri Bird Sanctuary is home to many bird species and offers a wide range of activities- perfect for the nature lover in you.
- Bird watching
- Boating and Game Viewing
- Horse Riding
A perfect day to spend if you are travelling with family and friends, the place offers accommodation for visitors who want to explore its grounds completely.
- Do carry your own snacks and refreshments as the place is located far from eateries and restaurants, especially if you are not having an overnight stay here.
- The sanctuary offers accommodation. The best way to explore the sanctuary and the activities that it offers is by staying here for at least a night.
- Gate entry: $5 per adult, children under 12yrs $3(Additional Activities not included).
- Chalet Accommodation : $50 per night per chalet.
- Camping : $5 per person per night.
- Dormitories : $10 per person sharing per night (no bedding provided).
- Call up the sanctuary or visit the official website for accommodation prices and other info.
- The birds in the sanctuary are flown every evening at 4.00 pm.
- Rent a car to reach the sanctuary.
- Hire a Taxi from Harare city.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Harare before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Harare and book an accommodation of your choice.
64.67% of people who visit Harare include Kuimbashiri Bird Sanctuary in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
74.53% of people start their Kuimbashiri Bird Sanctuary visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Kuimbashiri Bird Sanctuary
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kuimbashiri Bird Sanctuary
Wonderful place for those seeking a calm place for the week-end. The birds are very nice and one can take davantage of the lake. Please plan a visit to this place when you come to Harare
Very nicely maintained place. You can see lots of birds, most of them are injured and being cared for. They normally have a bird show at around 3-4 which is good for kids and adults alike to learn about the birds. Food is great, tiny bit expensive though. Entry fees is nominal. Highly recommended place to go if you are in Harare.
Very peaceful, lakeside resort with over 450 bird species to see. Wonderful bird show and exciting cruises.
It was nice ,but their restaurant charges are too much
I went there for a run, i almost died on that course(lol) but the views from the mountain top were truly breath taking. However, the food at the restaurant and the service left a lot to be desired.