National Gallery Of Zimbabwe, HarareCurrently Open
- Address: cnr Julius Nyerere Way & Park Lane, Harare, Zimbabwe
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +263-4704666
- Ticket Price: 1 USD
- Tags: Art Gallery, Family And Kids, Sculpture
About National Gallery Of Zimbabwe, Harare
Originally named the “National Gallery of Rhodesia”, the name was altered when Rhodesia was. Dedicated to preserving, conserving and presenting the contemporary and visual art heritage of the country, this gallery showcases many a local and other African artists. In fact, this gallery has proved to be quite the stepping stone for many aspiring artists to be known on an international level. Being operational for over 55 years, the National Gallery of Zimbabwe houses painting, sculptures, masks, carvings and photos and has a huge collection of over 6000 permanent exhibitions which go back as far as half a century.
Restaurants Near National Gallery Of Zimbabwe
- La Fontaine (International cuisine)
- The Pointe (Portuguese cuisine)
- Book Café (Contemporary cuisine)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Harare before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Harare and book an accommodation of your choice.
National Gallery Of Zimbabwe, Harare Reviews
Quite often a fascinating selection of art from around the country. Some of it rather art school/student quality, but usually some excellent contemporary art from some of Zimbabwe's best artists, young and old.
It's refreshing especially for art lovers. A needed dose of sunshine. Good place even to hang out with friends since they also hv a food spot. Ideal for Coffee and cake date!
About the best place to view contemporary art exhibitions and discover new artists.
I enjoyed the ambiance and the help I got at the information desk.Its a pitty that I did not take the assistant's name but he was knowledgeable of the products they had, even took his time to advice me of other places that had the thingz I was looking for but the Art Gallery did not have.Thank you Art Gallery staff🙏
VEWY GOOD AHT GALLERIE, I ALWYS LIKE GO DERE FOR AKMMY EXTRA FEELS AND ART SENSTAIONS AI I LOVE ET I ALWAYS TAKJE MAI AMZTA DERE AN WE WATCH AND VEGANLY MEDITTE YES I AM CREYZEY AHAHA8UHD 8USAHCD8USAC
All Questionsnational gallery of zimbabwe
- Attractions near National Gallery Of Zimbabwe
- National Heroes Acre
- Amara's Health Spa
- National Archives Of Zimbabwe
- Zimbabwe Museum Of Human Sciences Or Queen Victoria Museum
- Tourist Attractions Around the World
- Bureau Of Engraving And Printing
- Korean War Memorial
- Washington Monument Lodge
- The House Where Lincoln Died
- Bistro D'oc
- Donald W. Reynolds Center For American Art And Portraiture
- National Portrait Gallery
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- U.s. Government Accountability Office
- Octagon Museum