Harbin Flood Control Memorial TowerCurrently Open
- Address: Zhongyang Main Street, Daoli District, Harbin 150000, China Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 50 CNY
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Memorial, Family And Kids, Tower
Located in Stalin Park, right across the Zhongyang Street, the tower stands to commemorate the victory over a tragic event in Harbin. When Harbin was attacked by flood in 1957, the water levels rose to 120 meters above sea level. With the lives and properties of the people in danger, many of them worked day and night on the river bank to extend it. Finally the flood receded and the next year the tower was built to commemorate their efforts.
It was co-designed by BagisZelev, a designer from Soviet Union and Li Guangyao, an architect from Harbin Institute of Technology. The tower stands about 22.5 metres tall. The monument measures 22.5 meters in height. At the back, 20 columns form a semi-circle which embody people of Harbin people in the 20th century. The two fountain ponds at the base were added later. They represents two different water levels which are symbolic of the two floods that hit Harbin, one in 1957 and the other in 1998. The square in front of the tower is also a place for holding Political, cultural and Sports activities.
Harbin Flood Control Memorial Tower Travel Tips
- Zhongyang Street is at a stone’s throw.
- In winter when the river freezes, you can go Ice skating, snow tubing, tobogganing, dog sledding and a lot of other activities on the river.
- Evening time is preferable to visit since the tower looks spectacular at night with the lightings.
How to Reach Harbin Flood Control Memorial Tower
- By Bus : Bus No. 2, 8, 12, 16, 23, 65, 74, 79, 101, 102, 118, 204 and 29
- Katusha Restaurant
- Europa Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Harbin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Harbin and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Harbin Flood Control Memorial Tower Address: Zhongyang Main Street, Daoli District, Harbin 150000, China
- Harbin Flood Control Memorial Tower Timing: 07:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Harbin Flood Control Memorial Tower Price: 50 CNY
- Best time to visit Harbin Flood Control Memorial Tower(preferred time): 09:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Time required to visit Harbin Flood Control Memorial Tower: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
94.22% of people who visit Harbin include Harbin Flood Control Memorial Tower in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
58.23% of people start their Harbin Flood Control Memorial Tower visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Harbin Flood Control Memorial Tower
64.56% of people prefer walking in order to reach Harbin Flood Control Memorial Tower
People normally club together Zhaolin Park and Sophia Church And Square while planning their visit to Harbin Flood Control Memorial Tower.