Sun Island Tours
About Sun Island, Harbin
Tai Yang Dao is famous both in the country and world over for being a one of a kind park with snow sculptures. Being located just at the banks of River Songhua the park comprises of few small islands each having their own set of attractions with a total of about 20 them. They can be divided into three sections namely
- The North and west consists of The Deer garden, The Swan Lake and The Squirrel garden. You can enjoy feeding the spotted deers and squirrels along several feeding points which are prearranged for tourists. Along with that you can also see elegant and majestic swans and geese near the Swan Lake.
- The central part comprises of the Flower garden. Here, interestingly enough, the garden which is located near the sun gate is divided into twelve parts each resembling one of the twelve zodiac signs.
- The southern part is the spotlight which has the Ice and Snow gallery and is the largest in the world. A whopping 5000 square metres of land exhibiting some of the craziest and bizarre snow sculptures, a spot meant to be experienced. The Russian Art Exhibition hall is just down the road which houses many of the artworks of the Russian series from previous expo.
Sun Island Information
- The park hosts The Harbin International Snow Sculpture Art Expo every year during the months of January and February, an event not be missed.
- During summer you can swim in Songhua River, sunbathe or have a picnic on the beach and during the winters skating and ice hockeys are a fun sport to be engaged in.
Sun Island Tickets Prices
- For children between 1.2 – 1.4 metres, CNY 120
- For children below 1.2 metres, FREE
Sun Island Opening and Closing Hours
- During Snow Sculpture Expo : 8.30am to 7.00pm
How To Get To Sun Island by Public Transport
- Cable car available from Tingjiang Street which will take you up to Sun Island.
- By Boat : From Flood Prevention Cenotaph Square, Jiuzhan Square or DaowaiQidao Dock. (unavailable during Ice and Snow Festival because of the icy water)
- By Bus : Lines - 29, 80, 85 and 88
Restaurants Near Sun Island
- Katyusha Russian Restaurant
- Pizza hut Parkson
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Harbin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Harbin and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: No.3 Jingbei Road, Pingfang District, Harbin 150000, China
Ticket Price: 240 CNY
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1.2K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Amusement Park, Garden, Wildlife Park, Statue, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Sun Island Tickets And Tours
This 2-day leisure private tour combo package of Harbin allows you to take in the best of what this winter wonderland has to offer. See rare and endangered Siberian tiger, visit St. Sophia Cathedral - a symbol of Harbin, and check out the world's largest ice and snow art exhibition. Your will also watch daring locals jump into Harbin's freezing Songhua River for winter swimming. No lodging for this package.
Book this private day tour to visit highlight attractions in Harbin City including Saint Sophia Cathedral Church, Central Street, Sun Island, Ice Swimming Show, and Ice & Snow World. All entrance fees, choice of local cuisine lunch and drink, private bilingual tour guide (Chinese and English) and private vehicle are included in the package. A bonus attraction (optional) of your choice is available. Please inform your guide directly.
This one day private tour will take you to visit attraction highlights of winter Harbin including Ice Swimming Show, Harbin Polarland, Snow Fair on Sun Island, and Ice and Snow World. Also included in this fun adventure is an ethnic Manchurian-Han styled lunch at a local restaurant where you will get a taste of food culture in Harbin!
During this 2-day private tour, you will enjoy major attractions in Harbin including the most famous Ice and Snow Festival at both Sun Island and Ice and Snow World, Russian town, Harbin Polarland Aquarium, Ice Swimming Show at Songhua River, Zhongyang street (Central street), Harbin Flood Control Monument, Stalin Park, Saint Sophia Church, Harbin Dragon Tower, Ice lantern Festival at Zhaolin Park plus some other attractions (optional) at your own choice. Entrance fees, lunch and hotel accommodation are not included but private transportation and tour guide service.
Share your experience - Rate Sun Island, Harbin
- Other Attractions
- Agonda Beach
- Cabo De Rama Fort
- Galgibaga Beach
- Mallikarjun Temple
- Rock Formations
- Conco Island
- Chapoli Dam
- Shiva Yoga Centre
- Partagal Matha Temple
- Bio Veda Ayurvedic Beach Resort Spa
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 5 Star Hotels Near Agonda Beach
- 5 Star Hotels Near Cabo De Rama Fort
- Hotels Near Galgibaga Beach
- Budget Hotels Near Mallikarjun Temple
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Rock Formations
- Hotels Near Conco Island
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Chapoli Dam
- Hotels Near Shiva Yoga Centre
- 5 Star Hotels Near Partagal Matha Temple
- 5 Star Hotels Near Bio Veda Ayurvedic Beach Resort Spa
- City Tripplans
- Harbin Itinerary 3 Days
- Harbin Itinerary 5 Days
- 6 Day Trip to Harbin from Harbin
- Harbin Itinerary 2 Days
- 3 Day Trip to Harbin from Harbin
- Harbin Itinerary 6 Days
- 7 Day Trip to Harbin from Harbin
- Harbin Itinerary 1 Day
- Harbin Itinerary 7 Days
- Harbin Itinerary 4 Days