Sun IslandCurrently Closed
- Address: No.3 Jingbei Road, Pingfang District, Harbin 150000, China
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +864-5188190230
- Ticket Price: 240 CNY
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Island, Family And Kids
Tai Yang Dao is famous both in the country and world over for being a one of a kind park with snow sculptures. Being located just at the banks of River Songhua the park comprises of few small islands each having their own set of attractions with a total of about 20 them. They can be divided into three sections namely
- The North and west consists of The Deer garden, The Swan Lake and The Squirrel garden. You can enjoy feeding the spotted deers and squirrels along several feeding points which are prearranged for tourists. Along with that you can also see elegant and majestic swans and geese near the Swan Lake.
- The central part comprises of the Flower garden. Here, interestingly enough, the garden which is located near the sun gate is divided into twelve parts each resembling one of the twelve zodiac signs.
- The southern part is the spotlight which has the Ice and Snow gallery and is the largest in the world. A whopping 5000 square metres of land exhibiting some of the craziest and bizarre snow sculptures, a spot meant to be experienced. The Russian Art Exhibition hall is just down the road which houses many of the artworks of the Russian series from previous expo.
- The park hosts The Harbin International Snow Sculpture Art Expo every year during the months of January and February, an event not be missed.
- During summer you can swim in Songhua River, sunbathe or have a picnic on the beach and during the winters skating and ice hockeys are a fun sport to be engaged in.
- For children between 1.2 – 1.4 metres, CNY 120
- For children below 1.2 metres, FREE
- During Snow Sculpture Expo : 8.30am to 7.00pm
- Cable car available from Tingjiang Street which will take you up to Sun Island.
- By Boat : From Flood Prevention Cenotaph Square, Jiuzhan Square or DaowaiQidao Dock. (unavailable during Ice and Snow Festival because of the icy water)
- By Bus : Lines - 29, 80, 85 and 88
- Katyusha Russian Restaurant
- Pizza hut Parkson
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Harbin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Harbin and book an accommodation of your choice.
85.08% of people who visit Harbin include Sun Island in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
63.16% of people start their Sun Island visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Sun Island
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sun Island