Sun Island, Harbin
About Sun Island, Harbin
Sun Island, Harbin - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: No.3 Jingbei Road, Pingfang District, Harbin 150000, China
Ticket Price: 240 CNY
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1.2K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Amusement Park, Garden, Wildlife Park, Statue, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Tai Yang Dao is famous both in the country and world over for being a one of a kind park with snow sculptures. Being located just at the banks of River Songhua the park comprises of few small islands each having their own set of attractions with a total of about 20 them. They can be divided into three sections namely
- The North and west consists of The Deer garden, The Swan Lake and The Squirrel garden. You can enjoy feeding the spotted deers and squirrels along several feeding points which are prearranged for tourists. Along with that you can also see elegant and majestic swans and geese near the Swan Lake.
- The central part comprises of the Flower garden. Here, interestingly enough, the garden which is located near the sun gate is divided into twelve parts each resembling one of the twelve zodiac signs.
- The southern part is the spotlight which has the Ice and Snow gallery and is the largest in the world. A whopping 5000 square metres of land exhibiting some of the craziest and bizarre snow sculptures, a spot meant to be experienced. The Russian Art Exhibition hall is just down the road which houses many of the artworks of the Russian series from previous expo.
Sun Island Information
- The park hosts The Harbin International Snow Sculpture Art Expo every year during the months of January and February, an event not be missed.
- During summer you can swim in Songhua River, sunbathe or have a picnic on the beach and during the winters skating and ice hockeys are a fun sport to be engaged in.
Sun Island Ticket Prices
- For children between 1.2 – 1.4 metres, CNY 120
- For children below 1.2 metres, FREE
Sun Island Opening and Closing Hours
- During Snow Sculpture Expo : 8.30am to 7.00pm
How To reach Sun Island by Public Transport
- Cable car available from Tingjiang Street which will take you up to Sun Island.
- By Boat : From Flood Prevention Cenotaph Square, Jiuzhan Square or DaowaiQidao Dock. (unavailable during Ice and Snow Festival because of the icy water)
- By Bus : Lines - 29, 80, 85 and 88
Restaurants Near Sun Island
- Katyusha Russian Restaurant
- Pizza hut Parkson
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Harbin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Harbin and book an accommodation of your choice.
Sun Island, Harbin Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Beidahuang Museum
- Hongbo Square
- Heilongjiang Museum
- Xiquanyan Reservoir
- Harbin Zoo
- Heilongjiang Geological Museum
- Huining Park
- Jiuzhan Park
- Jiangpan Park
- Jinhe Park
- Harbin Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Harbin
- What to See in 48 Hours in Harbin
- What to See in 72 Hours in Harbin
- How to Spend 5 Days in Harbin
- How to Spend 6 Days in Harbin
- How to Spend 7 Days in Harbin