Unit 731 MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Xinjiang Dajie 25, Harbin, Dongbei, China
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Museum, Science Museum, History Museum, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
Unit 731 Museum - Review
This museum which was once a POW camp during the WWII describes the horrifying truth of the Japanese occupation and their experimentation on humans. Unit 731 was a place where humans were tortured and killed in ways not fit for description by the Imperial Japanese army in the name of research. For 40 years the activities of Unit 731 remained a guarded secret until finally in 1984 when Japan acknowledged what it long denied.
Today amidst all the renovations taking place, the place is a museum with photos, sculptures and exhibits of equipment used by Japanese along with English captions. It’s a place which is a bitter reminder of the atrocities committed by mankind on itself.
Unit 731 Museum Information
- Not recommended for children.
- Since located far from town, its best to take a cab.
Unit 731 Museum Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
How To reach Unit 731 Museum by Public Transport
- By Bus : No. 338 or 343 from the western part of the train station, at Kunlun Hotel.
Restaurants Near Unit 731 Museum
- Korean Kitchen
- Old fishing King Stupid Pot Stew
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Harbin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Harbin and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Unit 731 Museum
43.9% of people who visit Harbin include Unit 731 Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
89.29% of people start their Unit 731 Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Unit 731 Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Unit 731 Museum