Being one of the longest pedestrian streets in Asia, Zhongyang Street houses a great variety of European architecture as well many colourful markets. Its construction began as far back as 1898 and today it’s a junction where both Harbin’s modern and historical civilization can be seen. Known as the ‘Eastern Moscow’ the street has a mixed Chinese and Russian feel to it.
- It combines the pleasure of recreational visits to numerous restaurants and bars as well as shopping a wide range of things such as clothes, perfumes, accessories and much more.
- In addition to that a lot of fine architecture ranging from the Renaissance to the Baroque period as well as the Eclecticism to the Modern School can be seen.
- Right in the next stretch, near the Songhua River is the Harbin Old Quarters.The place is lined up with old buildings. You can even find authentic antique Russian shops in here.
Zhongyang Pedestrian Street Travel Tips
- The street is lined with a lot of Ice sculptures during the ice festival.
How to Reach Zhongyang Pedestrian Street
- Bus Lines : 53, 113, 114, 201
- Xialiba Noodle Restaurant
- Jinjiang Food
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Harbin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Harbin and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Harbin include Zhongyang Pedestrian Street in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
51.76% of people start their Zhongyang Pedestrian Street visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Zhongyang Pedestrian Street
59.65% of people prefer walking in order to reach Zhongyang Pedestrian Street