Chandi Devi Temple2334 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Haridwar, Uttarakhand 249408, India
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-9719409897
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
With a glorious idol of goddess Chandi dating back to the 8th century, this legendary temple in Haridwar was redeveloped by Suchat Singh- the King of Kashmir in the early 20th century. One of the prominent temples of Haridwar, this temple is on a hill top of the Neel Parvat and is ideal for a hike from the main city.
Chandi Devi Temple is known as one of the Siddha Peethas (Holy Places where one's wishes are fulfilled) together with Mansa Devi and Maya Devi of Haridwar. It is said that Goddess Chandi fulfills all the wishes of her true devotees. A temple of Anjana Devi (Mother of Lord Hanuman) is situated at a distance of 200 meters from the shrine of Chandi Devi. Chandi Devi is one of the most ancient temples of India.
The rope way ride to the temple is not only adventurous but also offers a fantastic panoramic view of this holy town.
Chandi Devi Temple Travel Tips
- It is a religious place modest dressing is recommended.
- It is advisable to leave the footwear outside.
- The peace and sanity of the religious place should be not disturbed.
- Photography is allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Chandi Devi Temple
- The cable lift costs around INR 70 for a return trip.
How to Reach Chandi Devi Temple
- A trek of 3 kilometers or by rope way.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Haridwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Haridwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Haridwar include Chandi Devi Temple in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
25.95% of people start their Chandi Devi Temple visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Chandi Devi Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chandi Devi Temple