Hari Ki Pauri, Haridwar
About Hari Ki Pauri, Haridwar
Hari Ki Pauri, Haridwar - Address
Address: Haridwar, India
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 27.2K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, River
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Experience the sanctity and peace of this spiritual destination on the banks of river Ganges. Hari-ki-Pauri is one of the most holy places in India and devotees from all over the country rush here to take a dip and wash out all the sins in the sacred waters of river Ganga.
It is here that the Ganga leaves the mountain ranges and enters the plains. It is believed that Lord Vishnu- one of the three prime deities of Hindu religion ascended here for the first time. The temple still hosts the foot marks of Vishnu which are worshipped daily in great pomp.
The structure of Brahmakunda is built by King Vikramaditya in 1st century BC to commemorate his loving brother Bhatrihari and is the venue for Kumbh mela held annually as a mean to salvation.
The ultimate devout experience is the Aarti, which is a tradition that takes place after every sun down filling the air with holiness and tranquility. The water shimmers with hundreds of earthen lamps with flowers and light that are set in by the devotees.
This is one place in Haridwar that will leave you affected.
Hari Ki Pauri Information
- The peace and sanity of the religious place should be not disturbed.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
- The evening Aarti is the most preferred time to be around this place, though the ghat is picturesque all throughout the day.
How To reach Hari Ki Pauri by Public Transport
- By foot or by a cycle rickshaw.
Restaurants Near Hari Ki Pauri
- Chotiwalas Asli- Paneer and veggies
- Hotel Alpana- meal
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Haridwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Haridwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Hari Ki Pauri, Haridwar Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Himalay Hotel
- Har Ki Pauri
- Gurukul Kangri University
- Crystal World
- Haridwar Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Haridwar
- What to See in 48 Hours in Haridwar
- What to See in 72 Hours in Haridwar
- How to Spend 5 Days in Haridwar
- How to Spend 6 Days in Haridwar
- How to Spend 7 Days in Haridwar