Hari Ki PauriCurrently Open
- Address: Haridwar, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, River
Hari Ki Pauri - Review
Experience the sanctity and peace of this spiritual destination on the banks of river Ganges. Hari-ki-Pauri is one of the most holy places in India and devotees from all over the country rush here to take a dip and wash out all the sins in the sacred waters of river Ganga.
It is here that the Ganga leaves the mountain ranges and enters the plains. It is believed that Lord Vishnu- one of the three prime deities of Hindu religion ascended here for the first time. The temple still hosts the foot marks of Vishnu which are worshipped daily in great pomp.
The structure of Brahmakunda is built by King Vikramaditya in 1st century BC to commemorate his loving brother Bhatrihari and is the venue for Kumbh mela held annually as a mean to salvation.
The ultimate devout experience is the Aarti, which is a tradition that takes place after every sun down filling the air with holiness and tranquility. The water shimmers with hundreds of earthen lamps with flowers and light that are set in by the devotees.
This is one place in Haridwar that will leave you affected.
Hari Ki Pauri Information
- The peace and sanity of the religious place should be not disturbed.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
- The evening Aarti is the most preferred time to be around this place, though the ghat is picturesque all throughout the day.
How To reach Hari Ki Pauri by Public Transport
- By foot or by a cycle rickshaw.
Restaurants Near Hari Ki Pauri
- Chotiwalas Asli- Paneer and veggies
- Hotel Alpana- meal
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Haridwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Haridwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Hari Ki Pauri
95% of people who visit Haridwar include Hari Ki Pauri in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
36.11% of people start their Hari Ki Pauri visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Hari Ki Pauri
94.15% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hari Ki Pauri
Hari Ki Pauri Map
Hari Ki Pauri Trips
Hari Ki Pauri, Haridwar Reviews
All QuestionsHari ki pauri
- The Whisky Shop Dufftown
- Dufftown Distillery Walk
- Nairn Beach Lochloy Holiday Park
- Mortlach Primary School
- Keith & Dufftown Railway Association
- Dufftown Library
- Joseph Brown & Sons
- Dufftown Tourist Information Centre
- Ballyhalbert Caravan Park
- Kingfisher Upvc South Wales
- D D Racing
- Green Lawn Social Club
- Schools Literacy & Resource Centre
- Helen O'Grady Childrens Drama Academy
- Pontypool & New Inn Railway Station