Rajaji National Park, HaridwarCurrently Open
- Address: Haridwar, India
- Timings: 07:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 0133-425193
- Ticket Price: 600 INR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, National Park, Family And Kids, Adventure, Adventure Sport, Nature
About Rajaji National Park, Haridwar
This national park that is spread over 820 square kilometers and rolling through Indian cities like Dehradun, Haridwar and Pauri Garhwal is one of its kind in the country. The magnificent Ganges River flowing for over 24 kilometers adds to the beauty of this eco-system. Rajaji National Park is predominantly formed from dense green jungles, and this environment forms a habitat for a number of animals. The Park is at the northwestern limit of distribution for both elephants and tigers in India, and has the largest population of elephants in Uttarakhand.
The park also has a variety of wild animals like Asian Elephant, Bengal Tiger, Leopard, Jungle Cat, Striped Hyena, Goral, Indian Hare, Sloth Bear, Himalayan Black Bear, King Cobra, Jackal, Barking Deer, Sambhar, Wild boar, Rhesus macaque, Indian langur, Indian Porcupine, Monitor lizard, Python.
Over 315 species of birds are found in the Park, whereas the wider region has over 500 species of birds, including both residents and migrants. The most prominent avian species include pea fowl, woodpeckers, pheasants, kingfishers and barbets, supplemented by a number of migratory species during the winter months. The Park is also home to the Great Pied Hornbill, Himalayan Pied Kingfisher and the fire tailed sunbird. A lot of migrating birds find this as their abode for the vacation every year.
The rivers which flow through the Park harbour species of fish such as trout and mahseer.
Activities like Bird watching, rafting and jungle safari are incorporated in the national park.
Rajaji National Park Ticket Prices
- Additional charges are levied for cameras and vehicle entry costs INR 500.
- Student discount is only possible if it is a certified institutional educational Tour. Children above 3 years old are charged for entry in the park.
- Still cameras are charged at INR 50 for foreigners.
- A local guide is a must with every vehicle for Rs.200/drive.
- Staying in options are available with prior booking.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Haridwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Haridwar and book an accommodation of your choice.