Are you looking for what to do in Haridwar?
PLACES TO SEE
Hari Ki Pauri:
- Experience the sanctity and peace of this spiritual destination on the banks of river Ganges. Hari-ki-Pauri is one of the most holy places in India and devotees from all over the country rush here to take a dip and wash out all the sins in the sacred waters of river Ganga.
- It is here that the Ganga leaves the mountain ranges and enters the plains. It is believed that Lord Vishnu- one of the three prime deities of Hindu religion ascended here for the first time. The temple still hosts the foot marks of Vishnu which are worshipped daily in great pomp.
- The structure of Brahmakunda is built by King Vikramaditya in 1st century BC to commemorate his loving brother Bhatrihari and is the venue for Kumbh mela held annually as a mean to salvation.The ultimate devout experience is the Aarti, which is a tradition that takes place after every sun down filling the air with holiness and tranquility. The water shimmers with hundreds of earthen lamps with flowers and light that are set in by the devotees.
- This is one place in Haridwar that will leave you affected.
Rajaji National Park:
- This national park that is spread over 820 square kilometers and rolling through Indian cities like Dehradu, Haridwar and Pauri Garhwal is one of its kinds in the country. The magnificent Ganges River flowing for over 24 kilometers adds to the beauty of this eco-system.
- Rajaji National Park is predominantly formed from dense green jungles, and this environment forms a habitat for a number of animals. The Park is at the northwestern limit of distribution for both elephants and tigers in India, and has the largest population of elephants in Uttarakhand.The park also has a variety of wild animals like Asian Elephant, Bengal Tiger, Leopard, Jungle Cat, Striped Hyena, Goral, Indian Hare, Sloth Bear, Himalayan Black Bear, King Cobra, Jackal, Barking Deer, Sambhar, Wild boar, Rhesus macaque, Indian langur, Indian Porcupine, Monitor lizard, Python.
- Over 315 species of birds are found in the Park, whereas the wider region has over 500 species of birds, including both residents and migrants. The most prominent avian species include pea fowl, woodpeckers, pheasants, kingfishers and barbets, supplemented by a number of migratory species during the winter months.
- The Park is also home to the Great Pied Hornbill, Himalayan Pied Kingfisher and the fire tailed sunbird. A lot of migrating birds find this as their abode for the vacation every year. The rivers which flow through the Park harbour species of fish such as trout and mahseer.Activities like Bird watching, rafting and jungle safari are incorporated in the national park.
Chandi Devi Temple:
- With a glorious idol of goddess Chandi dating back to the 8th century, this legendary temple in Haridwar was redeveloped by Suchat Singh- the King of Kashmir in the early 20th century. One of the prominent temples of Haridwar, this temple is on a hill top of the Neel Parvat and is ideal for a hike from the main city.
- Chandi Devi Temple is known as one of the Siddha Peethas (Holy Places where one's wishes are fulfilled) together with Mansa Devi and Maya Devi of Haridwar. It is said that Goddess Chandi fulfills all the wishes of her true devotees. A temple of Anjana Devi (Mother of Lord Hanuman) is situated at a distance of 200 meters from the shrine of Chandi Devi. Chandi Devi is one of the most ancient temples of India.
- The rope way ride to the temple is not only adventurous but also offers a fantastic panoramic view of this holy town. There is not much nightlife in this town as it is a religious spot, so early to bed. However, inthe evenings, look out for the religious practice of aarti (worship and prayer through song andlight). The spectacular sight of hundreds of floating diyas and Marigold flowers upon the river,gives the town a truly magical air.
THINGS TO DO In Haridwar:
The most exciting day-out adventure in Haridwar is the Hrishikesh (rishikesh) camps. There are various companies providing the facilities for rafting and camping in Hrishikesh (rishikesh).There are also a variety of adventure sports in Hrishikesh (rishikesh) that must be tried out.
Below we have a list of things to do in Haridwar and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Haridwar getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Haridwar with confidence.