City Island19 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Off Market St. Bridge, Harrisburg, PA 17101, United States
- Phone: +1-7172553020
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Family And Kids
Occupying a space in the Susquehanna River, the City Island is the recreational, cultural, shopping and nightlife hotspot of Harrisburg. The island has interesting attractions like the Pride of the Susquehanna cruise tours that offers a boat ride along the river, the City Islanders Soccer Stadium, the Metro Bank Park, the Island Breezes Gift Shop, the Harrisburg Senators Baseball Stadium, Water Golf, the City Island Stables that is home to a variety of horses, the Susquehanna Outfitters, a concrete beach and the City Island Railroad where you can take a ride in a steam train. The island is simply the best of Harrisburg’s culture, in a nutshell!
The archaeological sites of the Susquehannocks and the Iroquois tribes who were the first habitants of the island, is a rare sight on its own while the cycling and biking pathways and nature trails that cover the entre island, makes a visit here perfect for relaxing after a long day of sightseeing. The Observation areas and pavilions in the RiverSide Village Park offers a mesmerising view of the river and Harrisburg’s modern skyline and is a favoured spot for sunsets.
Rent a bike to explore the island, take a walk to explore the two marinas or take a horse-drawn carriage ride around the island- everything about the island is charming!
Entrance Ticket Details For City Island
- Admission fee of individual attractions, visit the official website.
- You can get a common pass for USD 20 that will give you access to City Island Water Golf, Penn FC Soccer, Harrisburg Senators Baseball and Pride of the Susquehanna.
City Island Hours
- Timings of individual attractions, visit the official website.
- Recommended time of arrival between: 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
How to Reach City Island
- By Bus: 2nd St. At Market St.
- By Train: Harrisburg Transportation Center.
- By Taxi
- By renting a bicycle/ car.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Harrisburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Harrisburg and book an accommodation of your choice.