Harrisburg Holocaust MonumentCurrently Closed
- Address: 3301 N Front St, Harrisburg, PA 17110, USA, United States
- Timings: 06:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7172369555
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Monument, Family And Kids
Located along the Susquehanna River, the Harrisburg Holocaust Monument is part of the Jewish Community Center of the city. The monument was built in 1994 and te annual Yom Hashoah (Holocaust Memorial Day) is held here to remember all the victims who lost their life during the World War II genocide. The design of the memorial is the work of David Ascalon. The memorial consist of a 15 feet tall sculpture with a width of 4 feet. A small plaque mentions the dedication with the etched writing “Jews were the Primary Victim. Six million people were slaughtered including 1.5 million children”. It is heartening to see the sculpture and with the view of the open free river from the park the memorial does make for a humbling visit.
Harrisburg Holocaust Monument Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water.
Harrisburg Holocaust Monument Hours
- Open daily: from dawn to dusk (approximately 6:30 am to 7:30 pm)
How to Reach Harrisburg Holocaust Monument
- By Bus: Pheaa (4.83 kilometers away)
- By Taxi
- By renting a bicycle/ car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Harrisburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Harrisburg and book an accommodation of your choice.