Harrisburg Cemetery131 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 13th and Liberty Streets, Harrisburg, PA 17101, United States
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7172348661
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Cemetery
Dating back to 1845, the Harrisburg Cemetery is the largest and the oldest cemetery in the city. The grave Major General John Geary who served as the governor for both Kansas and Pennsylvania and also served in the Civil War and the Mexican War, is one of the well known graves in the cemetery. The place is the final resting place for 156 Civil War soldiers. You can also see the graves of 15 confederates here along with the graves of Capt. George A. Brooks, Jonas Dostman and the union soldiers who were killed at Gettysburg.
The cemetery is well maintained and reminds you of one of the most trying times in American history. Walk around to see the tombstones of memorable figures laid down to rest and to pay respect to the war heroes.
Entrance Ticket Details For Harrisburg Cemetery
- The cemetery is open daily from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
How to Reach Harrisburg Cemetery
- By Bus: Harrisburg Bus Station
- By Train: at Harrisburg Transportation Center
- By Taxi
- By renting a bicycle/ car.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Harrisburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Harrisburg and book an accommodation of your choice.